cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Iphone 6s Plus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

This isnt related to me, however it is related to my wife who is with another provider (vodafone) who's customer service is shall we say less than accomodating. I thought I would ask the question to some of you guys on here as I've seen a lot of threads where the advice has been pretty sound.

She pre ordered her phone with her service provider the same day that I ordered mine on o2. We both went with 6s Plus's. Hers is a 64gb mine is a 128gb. Both arrived on release day.

Mine has so far (touch wood) worked without an issue however after about 4 days her phones screen began to flicker and would reboot itself occasionally.

After doing some research on the internet i found a similar issue was happening elsewhere on the apple forum and that the best way was to restore the device. We raised a case with apple and on live chat they advised us to restore it which we did. She restored her backup via icloud and everything was back to normal.

2 days after that the screen flicker came back. The phone rebooted and wouldnt come back. Just the apple logo sat there. Again we got onto Apple support who asked us to press the home and side button for 25 seconds to get the itunes logo up so we could plug in and restore again. We did this however when we tried to restore the phone would error every single time when it tried to restore. I tried rebooting the machine / deleting the IPSW file and redownloading it etc none of which worked.

Apple have admitted there is a hardware fault with the phone and it needs to be replaced. However as the phone is within 14 days of purchase it has to be replaced by the service provider. So off we went to vodafone CS who after spending nearly 90 minutes on the phone advised us that they dont have any stock to deal with faulty replacements and that she would have to go to the back of the queue as they have a lot of pre-orders to fulfil.

The only solution they gave her was that she would have to call in every single wednesday and see if they have any stock that they can swap her phone out with. Alas today she was on hold for nearly 2.5 hours only to find out they dont know when they are getting stock and that she has to try again next wednesday.

Now i dont know about anyone else on here, but is this considered acceptable customer service? She is paying for a contract on a phone which has been faulty since pretty much day one, and as such now has no phone with which to use, and no definitive date as to when the phone will be replaced. I appreciate that companies will generally try to sell their stock allocation of a new product to maximise the money they make, but surely they are supposed to keep some stock back for faults / DOA devices which need replacing? At what point does it become breach of contract because they arent able to supply a service to the end user?

Im asking that question as I dont honestly know. I work in IT and our customers have quite tight SLA's which have to be met without fail, any failure to meet these are met with severe penalties, so you can imagine my aggrevation that my wife is being told she will get a phone 'eventually' when she is already on a paying contact?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as I need some ammunition to go back to them with.

Cheers guys

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Our advice would always be to return the phone to Apple. As you say Vodafone are being less than accommodating even though the device is faulty and within the 14 days exchange. No-one should be put to the back of any queue. Find your nearest Apple store and take the phone to them. Fully expect you will walk out with a new phone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Our advice would always be to return the phone to Apple. As you say Vodafone are being less than accommodating even though the device is faulty and within the 14 days exchange. No-one should be put to the back of any queue. Find your nearest Apple store and take the phone to them. Fully expect you will walk out with a new phone...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
28 days now.
Go to apple and explain that voda are not fulfilling their customer service requirements or acting on a device swap within a reasonable time due to stock levels.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Guys,

I did suggest to the wife originally that we should just do a walk in to an apple store and they would sort it but because apple had already said that we had to go to vodafone I assume she took that as gospel.

I think we will take a trip to our local apple store instead. I check the vodaclone website earlier and it said they wont be on stock until the 29th of october now, so no way She will be prepared to wait that long.

Cheers!

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I dont blame her for not waiting. It must be doubly frustrating for her to see yours is working fine....Apple will sort it out for you...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Tbh, I wouldn't wait.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I dont think she is too happy about me having my nice shiny phone!

She sold her 5S on ebay and is at present stuck on my step sons iphone 5! So you can imagine she is a bundle of joy right now!

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes I dont think she is too happy about me having my nice shiny phone!

She sold her 5S on ebay and is at present stuck on my step sons iphone 5! So you can imagine she is a bundle of joy right now!

LOL Then the sooner you get to Apple the better...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd raise an official complaint with Vodafone too and then the communication ombudsman if they don't respond in a satisfactory manner.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9