O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 25: Hard Hitter
Fatboy

Re: FAQs: Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.)

Here's part 2 of the battery tips:

apple logo photo appleMac.jpg

iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Grey

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

I like it:smileyhappy:

Going great mate:smileyhappy:
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Fatboy

[ Edited ]

Liquid wrote:
I like it:smileyhappy:

Going great mate:smileyhappy:

Thanks Liquid :smileyhappy:
I was thinking of perhaps putting on the odd guide/s & how to's for doing certain things on a Mac. I thought this might be useful for some of the forum members who are Mac users?

If my suggestion has helped or solved your issue, can you please come back and post a reply with an update. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Level 44: Clearly Talented
Liquid

People use mac still?:smileyvery-happy:

Seriously though I think that would be a good idea:smileyhappy: would it be off topic?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told :smileywink:
Please use plain text.
Fatboy

Liquid wrote:
People use mac still?:smileyvery-happy:

Seriously though I think that would be a good idea:smileyhappy: would it be off topic?

:smileylol:

Yeah I agree about posting the Mac stuff in the off topic section.

See how things go, but maybe an idea to have a dedicated video guide section on the main iOS section, this page http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/bd-p/7

But I'll see how things go and how Leonard or Toby think it would be best to impliment this :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Fatboy

Wifi connection issues. How to solve/forget the wifi network.

Please use plain text.
Fatboy

How to check how much data you've used.

Please use plain text.
Fatboy

In this video I show how to enable the Emoji keyboard in iOS 6 and above.

Please use plain text.
Fatboy

Changing a default application on Mac

In this video I show how to change the default application for opening a particular kind of file.

Please use plain text.
Fatboy

Setting up an O2 email account on iPhone, iPad

I was going to create a video guide for this, but I thought it might be more helpful to just provide a written guide, plus it saves me having to obscure my personal email details in the vid :smileyhappy:

These instructions apply to setting up O2 email on the iPad too.

Go into Settings, scroll down to Mail, Contacts, Calendars and touch this.

On the next screen scroll down till you see Add Account and touch this.

For setting up an O2 email address choose Other.

Next touch Add Mail Account.

In the name section enter the name you want shown for when the recipient receives your email.

In the Email section add your O2 email address.

In the Password section add the password that you chose when setting up your O2 account.

In the Description section enter the name that you want your O2 email account to be called (for example I have my O2 email account called "O2 Email").

Once you have done the above you should be setup.

Now there are some additional settings that can be chosen, which I will list below.

An annoying issue I was having was that I was getting a lot of notification emails from the O2 forums. Now I had read these on my iMac and deleted them, now when I went to check for new email later, on my iPhone or iPad I was getting the same emails on the iPhone and iPad has what I had already read earlier on my iMac and vice versa if I had read the emails on the iPhone, iPad and then later if I'd went on my iMac I would get the same emails.

Now this is sometimes preferred for some people, but for me it was annoying. However there is a way to change this behaviour. To change it you can do the following.

If you go back into the Mail, Contacts Calendars section in the Settings section on your iPhone, iPad. Now if you touch the O2 email account you have just setup and scroll down to the bottom and touch Advanced.

In the Advanced section you will see a section called Incoming Settings. The setting we are interested in is the "Delete From Server". If you touch this you will have three options shown, which are:

Never= This setting means that if you read and delete the email on your computer's email client/program for example, and then later check for new email on your iPhone, iPad, you will get the same email/s downloaded onto your iPhone, iPad that you had read earlier, on your computer's email client/program. This was the setting I had, and I changed this as I found this setting rather annoying.

Seven days= This setting will work in the same way as the Never setting, but if you didn't check for new email on your other devices within seven days, the email/s would not be there on your other devices like what they would have been on the Never setting.

When removed from Inbox= With this setting. If you had read the email and then deleted the email on whichever device you had read the email on, when you check for new email on a different device, the email would not be downloaded on to that device because the email would have been deleted from the email server after you had read and deleted the email earlier. You can however read the email on a different device and leave the email in the inbox, and it will still remain in the inbox and be visible when checking/reading email on a different device.

The "When removed from inbox" setting is the setting I use.

Please use plain text.