cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External calls going to voicemail directly.

xtreem_neo
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I called O2 Phone Support this morning and the representative Robert answered the phone. He was fantastic Fantastic and understood the problem almost immediately. 

We did *#21# and ##002# and problem has been rectified. 

I just wanted to know one more thing which I stupidly slight_frown forgot to ask him with my elation going on and what not. 

It's known as 'When Busy' scenario among Call Divert experts worldwide. Whistle Someone calls us and we actually decline the call. Usually, it prompts the caller to leave a voicemail but I would like to setup a busy tone. In otherwords, I would like to cancel call diverting to voicemail when I am busy and know that this person doesn't have to leave a voicemail. 

I frequently will receive International Calls from now on and don't want the person to get charged unnecessarily.

Don't know

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

xtreem_neo
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So this is what happens.

VM switch turned off on TuGo, no voicemail at all on my phone. Every call in every scenario, if it's not answered gets a busy tone.

So I turned it on back again.

I used *#67# to check status, it said disabled and it works normally,

I tried ##67# to cancel call divert only during 'When Busy' scenario. It went through and got executed successfully. The original problem comes back again, any calls received goes to voicemail directly within one ring.

I have to do ##002# to cancel all diverts. Now, it works as any normal phone voicemail should work.

It goes to vociemail under those 3 normal call diversion scenarios.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
##002# cancels all diverts so your VM will not be active now unless you re-enable it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

xtreem_neo
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey, Thanks for the quick reply. 

I must have just forgot how to Internet and didn't find that page when trying to find it on my own. 

Divert calls when busy
  • To activate ** 67 * 901 # SEND

• To cancel ## 67 # SEND

• To check status * # 67 # SEND

I tried to check the status using *#67# and the Settings interrogation returns a 'disabled' status. Still, If I trigger a 'when busy' scenario by declining an incoming call, it goes straight to Voicemail. 

I am not sure if this is something to do with TuGo which I have installed on my device. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Tugo has a VM switch so that may need to be switched to off too, however, any of the diverts to "901" will send calls to VM which is what you are trying to avoid, I think.
I would just point out though that the caller won't be charged for calling your UK number abroad - it will be you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

xtreem_neo
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you MI5, that is what I have thought too.

Maybe on iPhone data plans (Visual Voicemail works only on iPhone Data Bolt on) or I am not really sure, call diverts and calls diverting to voicemail are seemingly handled differently. 

Its just seems mutually exclusive. 

Robert asked me to do ##002# which means cancelling all diverts. Voicemail still works on my device as any normal mobile phone in UK is expected to do so.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're most welcome.

{for my bit}

slight_smile
Message 7 of 10

xtreem_neo
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oop, sorry if I had not been clear. 

For ex.,

I am still in UK and someone is trying to call me from anywhere around the world. (Inc. within UK and worldwide)

When the phone is ringing and we decline the call by actually pressing Decline or End button on some devices whilst its ringing, the 'When Busy' scenario is triggered. (that literally means we are too busy to answer the phone so we are declining it.

Usually this will prompt the caller to leave a voicemail in UK. I just want to send them a busy tone which is done in other countries (even on EE and Vodafone UK) by disabling the When Busy call divert scenario. 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
OK, so what happens if you just disable the divert when busy option?
Assuming you have checked Tugo for the VM off switch....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

xtreem_neo
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
So this is what happens.

VM switch turned off on TuGo, no voicemail at all on my phone. Every call in every scenario, if it's not answered gets a busy tone.

So I turned it on back again.

I used *#67# to check status, it said disabled and it works normally,

I tried ##67# to cancel call divert only during 'When Busy' scenario. It went through and got executed successfully. The original problem comes back again, any calls received goes to voicemail directly within one ring.

I have to do ##002# to cancel all diverts. Now, it works as any normal phone voicemail should work.

It goes to vociemail under those 3 normal call diversion scenarios.

Thanks,
Message 10 of 10