Did you mean: 

Email problem iphone 6+

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hiya

Hoping someone can help me.  I've set up my new phone and added my email addresses.  My main BT address is running fine with no problems, but the 2 personal email addresses I have for my domain won't allow me to delete.  I click edit button, mark the emails and hit delete.  They disapear for a second, then a message pops up saying unable to delete messages and then they reappear in the inbox again.  BT ones delete fine.  I've tried to delete them from the combined box, from it's on inbox and also individually. 

Any ideas?  Is there a setting I need to change?  I've moved from android to iphone and didn't have this problem so not sure where to look.

Many thanks 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try an Apple store Genius or go back to Android wink lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've fixed mine! I had to log into hotmail via a browser and allow other devices to delete!! So I'd guess that yours may still be the same and it needs a setting adjusting on the email server.
Message 12 of 18

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've fixed mine! I had to log into hotmail via a browser and allow other devices to delete!! So I'd guess that yours may still be the same and it needs a setting adjusting on the email server.

Always best to set the rules on a PC.

Message 13 of 18

Bonnie007
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Would try an apple store if we had one up here 😞

Been into my email server via a browser and checked everything there, plus what settings to use.  At this rate I'll be keeping my note 3 for business use!! 

Thanks for all your help guys.  Will keep messing with settings in the hope I might just stumble on the right one 

Message 14 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My only advice would be to stick to imap as it works better with remote servers over POP.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 15 of 18

Bonnie007
Level 3: Thinker
  • 25 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

AHHHH finally got it sorted!!  

Googled the problem and solution was to go into mail settings > Advanced and scroll down to IMAP path prefix and put INBOX (in capitals) in that box, scroll back up to accounts and click done (just in case anyone is having the same problem)

I have no idea what that is because I didn't have to do anything like that on android phone, but for now it's working slight_smile 

Message 16 of 18

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Well done - Thanks for updating slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome news.

At least you can get back to enjoying the phone and service.
Message 18 of 18