cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speeds

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently changed from a normal tarif to £16 a month simplicity one for my iphone 4, all that should have changed is the amount of minutes for the package but I have noticed a marked difference in the page loading times, is this something other users have experienced?

Any comments welcomed please.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It doesn't make any difference - Your signal still comes from the same mast. It may be a mast issue but it's not due to your tariff (assuming your settings on the phone are correct)? Are you still seeing 3G on your signal bar?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't experienced it myself and I changed from contract to simplicity seems a bit of an odd one
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
It doesn't make any difference - Your signal still comes from the same mast. It may be a mast issue but it's not due to your tariff (assuming your settings on the phone are correct)? Are you still seeing 3G on your signal bar?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Damien, its difficult to tell if its the  O2 service at fault or the if the problem is the website servers that I am trying to download from, not being very techie as I am:-)

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I thought MI5, was looking for a sensible confirmation from an expert like your good self, many thanks.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144307 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
You'll make me blush wink Happy to help slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear you're sorted ksearle slight_smile

Good job MI5!

Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7