cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double charges if u own two phones on O2

Anonymous
Not applicable
After untold problems with undelivered texts to non O2/iPhone users in the past two weeks I haveI have finally tracked down exactly what O2 in their infinite wisdom are doing with my undelivered texts from my iPhone 5, number ending in 775, that is on a monthly rolling contract.
I have a second iPhone, an iPhone 4, that is on a Pay as u Go contract with O2, number ending in 375, which I usually only use when on holiday. Both are registered with Apple.
Yesterday I switched on the 4 to check my balance and send a txt to my other number, so as the number is used to keep it registered, and the undelivered texts, to non iPhone and non O2 users, that I tried to send from this iPhone 5 last week were sent to the recipients via the Pay as u go iPhone 4. Consequently the costs for these texts were charged to non iPhone/O2 users and the costs deducted from my Pay as U Go balance.
This is not acceptable. I pay for free texts on the 5 phone, on the rolling contract and O2 are therefore charging me twice. I also suspect that you are charging me on my Pay as u Go phone for other items that you can't charge me for on my rolling monthly contract.
I have been contemplating upgrading this IPhone 5 to the new iPhone 6s Plus with 02, but since you insist on charging any texts and other things to non iPhone/O2 users from the number ending 775, I will not be doing this as I absolutely refuse to be charged twice for texts etc. to non iPhone users.
Very very devious. I wonder if the Ombudsman knows about these underhand charges.?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

So have you spoken to o2 customer service about this?

I'm not sure how that could possibly happen unless it is something to do with the Apple registration and same ID. I have a P&G and a monthly contract on O2 and it's never happened to me or anyone I know. O2 certainly don't make a practice of it and you need to at least contact them before even considering governing bodies who will give you the same advice.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Quite an absurd accusation in all honesty and it's impossible unless you have set up some kind of divert but I'm not aware of any way you can transpose texts from 2 different numbers.
Even if you could prove without doubt this was happening o2 would refund you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 likely will not refund you & the ombudsman will not do anything as it's just a single case & you haven't gone through the correct procedure 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
A friend of mine who has iPhones has suggested you check the default number in iMessaging on the 5 and see if you have the PAYG number set in there?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have unchecked the IPhone 4 as an iMessage "You can be reached at" check under Send and Receive. Thanks we will see if that makes a difference
Message 6 of 8

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
This does sound like an iMessage issue
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 8 of 8