O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
podster

Does the iPhone have a Task Manager?

I had reasonable battery life for the first few days from my iPhone 4S (about 2 days with average usage) but all of a sudden the battery ran down from 87% to empty in the space of a few hours even though I wasn't using it. I can only imagine I had left something running; I know I had a voicemail message I hadn't listened to but I'm unaware of anything else. My husband has a Samsung Galaxy S2 and he has a Task Manager on his phone so all he needs to do is open it and he can close down everything he's not using from one page. Does the 4S have anything like that? I'm totally new to iPhone so I'm still finding out what's what.....
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 949
Solutions: 1,018

Re: Does the iPhone have a Task Manager?

open the multitask bar and close all open apps.
unlock iphone if locked
double click home then hold one of the app icons untill an x appears tap x for all apps you want to fully close.
see my links below for some tips and links to iphone manuals inc an ibook one you can keep on the iphone
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 949
Solutions: 1,018

also look at notification center and location services and mail account push / manual or fetch settings.
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
Level 3: Ponderer
chunky

and ,
settings
location services
right down at the bottom choose system services and turn them off apart from setting time zone and mobile network search.(my choice)
These settings are known to cause battery drain.
iphone 4 - Black - 16gb. Firmware : 5.0.1, with Siri.
iPod Touch 16gb - 1st Gen.
I want the next iPhone to exceed my expectations !
brendan002

Sorry if I am disagreeing with everyone but I do the exact other way. Wifi, location services on all the time, notifications for email and twitter all set. Basically it will last the full day this way and so I charge it overnight, i don't want to run out at lunchtime the next day to get the best allowance.
Plus now if you are using the cloud sync it needs to be charging to update so overnight works nicely.
Please use plain text.