Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Contacts

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I was setting up my friends iPhone - but she was using someone elses sim - and I accidentally selected to copy all entries from the sim.

Is there an easier way of removing contacts which have been copied from the sim apart from deleting them one by one?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It turns out that the contacts were in fact not from being copied from the sim. 

I forgot to unselect the contacts sync tab when I added her email address so it copied over her contacts linked to her email address.  I have unselected it now and all of the contacts have disappeared (which I what she wanted) slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Unless it's changed in later releases of iOS, you can't bulk delete on the phone - You have to hook up to iTunes and select contacts then advanced then replace information on this iPhone....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If their is not a lot of entires you would be better off deleting them through the contacts app in the iPhone.

Message 3 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I think there's a little over 100 contacts.......

Crazy

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Thank you for that link BOB Thanks!

Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem.

As MI5 said iTunes is an option and perhaps theirs an app that achieves bulk delete.
Message 7 of 14

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

There is the nuclear option too. Which would be to erase all content and settings in the settings/general/reset menu. Depending on how far you have got in the set up process it may be easier to start again.

Unless the contacts have synced to iCloud already in which case the method in BOBs link should get through them pretty quick

Message 8 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions
Thanks - I'll try that later
Message 9 of 14

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

It turns out that the contacts were in fact not from being copied from the sim. 

I forgot to unselect the contacts sync tab when I added her email address so it copied over her contacts linked to her email address.  I have unselected it now and all of the contacts have disappeared (which I what she wanted) slight_smile

Message 10 of 14