cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data finished

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 GB and when I was on my old phone I usually used none of it or just teeny amount as only looked online when at home or at family and so signed into their wifi. I've been doing same except for last Saturday when I was on train journey for 3 hours but I was logged onto Free wifi via Scotrail. Anyway tonight I was out walking the dog and listening to some music via my amazon app, it's music I swapped from old phone and bought a couple of albums recently that were zipped to this phone, and I got a text to say I had used 80%of my data then song and a half later it pinged again to say I had none left. So my question is, does it use up data when listening to my music? 

Just looked at phone, I'd put it on aeroplane mode as I was worried I was doing something wrong and somehow running data without knowing it and there are 2 messages on screen saying;

Amazon Music. Your downloads have been paused. Open Amazon Music to resume downloading. No idea what it means as not bought any albums since the 2 last week and they were sent then.

I know it's something I'm doing wrong but no idea what it is, any help will be as much appreciated as other time I was on here greeting. Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. So the music is downloaded to your phone. Are the notifications you mentioned earlier still there? If so, try clicking on them and see what it says.
Message 11 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

The messages have gone. Checked on pull down screen and nothing there either. Sometimes wee messages appear to say Solitaire or Tap talk has updated but I've never really understood what it meant.

Message 12 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
OK. Well to be sure at the moment leave cellular data off for Amazon if you don't want to stream anything. Put everything else back to normal (turn off airplane mode and re-enable WiFi off you were using it.

Hopefully some other ideas from other members will appear as like I said I'm more android than apple.

How you get it sorted and sorry I can't be of further help.

-Mel-
Message 13 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mel, don't apologise please. You've been great help, you've made me turn phone back on! Thanks! Everytime I think I've cracked the iphone thingy something happens to knock it back and my go to is to switch off!

I've put it all back on and turned off the cellular data. Thanks again. 

Message 14 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I just check you only turned off cellular data to the Amazon app and not cellular data altogether.
Message 15 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just turned it to off on the Amazon bit. 

Message 16 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lovely.
Message 17 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

Slightly odd but just received an email to say my Apple id was used to sign onto icloud on iphone5c yesterday, 25th, at 4.54pm but I didn't do anything on phone at that time. Well I may have looked at a text or email but didn't need to sign in for anything. Says to change my password but if it was someone else who signed in then they're a better person than me as I can't remember password!!

Message 18 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Double check it actually is from apple and not a scam. Sounds like a scam to me. If you do want to change your password then do it via the website and don't click any links within the email to be safe.

I've had to follow advice from members here with my iPhone (which didn't get used so much) there are some good and some not so good but I'm sure between them/us we'll get there.
Message 19 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's funny I was just looking through emails to see if I had any others to compare it too as it looked a bit odd. The link to change the password isn't pressable (see this technological speak of mine!!) I'd have to paste and copy it onto search bar. I think it might be dodgy so I'll just delete. 

Message 20 of 54