cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data finished

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 GB and when I was on my old phone I usually used none of it or just teeny amount as only looked online when at home or at family and so signed into their wifi. I've been doing same except for last Saturday when I was on train journey for 3 hours but I was logged onto Free wifi via Scotrail. Anyway tonight I was out walking the dog and listening to some music via my amazon app, it's music I swapped from old phone and bought a couple of albums recently that were zipped to this phone, and I got a text to say I had used 80%of my data then song and a half later it pinged again to say I had none left. So my question is, does it use up data when listening to my music? 

Just looked at phone, I'd put it on aeroplane mode as I was worried I was doing something wrong and somehow running data without knowing it and there are 2 messages on screen saying;

Amazon Music. Your downloads have been paused. Open Amazon Music to resume downloading. No idea what it means as not bought any albums since the 2 last week and they were sent then.

I know it's something I'm doing wrong but no idea what it is, any help will be as much appreciated as other time I was on here greeting. Smiley Embarassed

Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've turned the data off so now when in settings beside Cellular says Off. I'm away to look up what streaming is as I don't know why my phone is doing it as my samsung didn't and I could lsten to music anywhere at anytime without using data. Although I do use my Samsung for listening to radio sometimes I forget to take it and would like to be able to listen to music via my iphone. 

Thank you everyone. 

Message 31 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
In the Amazon app you have a toggle top right which indicates if the music you are listening too is on the cloud (streaming) or on your device (not using data).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I open Amazon Music it says along the top 'Allow Amazon Music to Access', then Notifications without a toggle and then Use Cellular Data with a toggle. In notifications there are 4 headings with toggles, Allow Notifications, Sounds, Badge App Icon and Show on Lock screen.

If I go directly to Amazon Music app there are no toggles, just 

Forget that, I just pressed Settings when looking directly at Amazon Music app and there's all sorts of things! Where it says Auto download Amazon Music purchases the toggle is to the left and when I press it goes to right and turns orange and one below says Download and stream only on Wifi and it's to the left and not lit orange. I'm not sure which one is on and what's off. I think if it turns orange it's like other toggles that turn green so orange is on. So should I turn on (to orange) the Download and stream only on Wifi?

Apologies for lack of understanding, i've only discovered the word toggle today through this thread so not too hot with modern terminology but enjoying learning it. Although may be like wading through treacle for those reading my posts!

Message 33 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
No apologies warranted.

Every day is a school day. 😄
Message 34 of 54

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, you need "download and stream on wifi only" set to ON.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think that I have it now, put the 2 setting to On so hopefully it'll only download when I'm signed on to wifi. I'll keep music and amazon settings to off via settings until 5th December when my data is renewed for the month, just in case!

Bandofbrothers, I wasn't too good at school either! wink

Message 36 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like you've got a handle on this now.

Old School days - nows theirs a thought ☺️
Message 37 of 54

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're all good now - Just shout up if you need anything else wink

Currently using:
Message 38 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to spend all my time on here saying Thanks!. So I'll say merci. 

Don't worry I'll be on here shouting like a mad woman next problem I encounter!

Message 39 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awaiting with bated breath. 😉
Message 40 of 54