cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancelled - is phone unblocked for other networks?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, just cancelled contract after 24 months no problem......however does anyone know if the phone will automatically be unlocked now for other PAYG networks? Thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlocking help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlocking help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep a close eye on your cancellation and your account.

O2 placed a default on my credit profile through no fault of my own when their own incompetent customer service staff failed several times to action my instruction that i did nto want to renew my contract when it expired after 24 months.

I am still fighting to get their erroneous entry purged from my creidt report. It is an absolute disgrace that the likes of O2 can cause damage and even when they admit it, they fail to put it right. I have recently submitted a data subject access request to them to gather all the information they have relating to me.

You too can submit one. Its a statutory fee of £10

Here are the details

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/kana/subjectaccessrequestform.pdf

I will NEVER NEVER deal with O2 again,,in my view they are rubbish.

Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sadly you aren't the only customer they've done this to, either.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The community is full of threads about incorrectly placed defaults on credit files, sometimes for a couple of pounds.

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The community is full of threads about incorrectly placed defaults on credit files, sometimes for a couple of pounds.

Which has resulted in one customer being refused a mortgage if I remember correctly...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You'll be refused any credit if you have defaults.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Which has resulted in one customer being refused a mortgage if I remember correctly...?

Yes for around a fiver if I think it was. He had no idea until the mortgage was refused. Made the national press too.

Message 9 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2's policy of putting a default on a person's credit file without informing them or giving them the opportunity to clear the debt before implementing it is pretty poor, in my opinion.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 12