cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete and utter incomptetence on the part of O2!!!

ChrisUKDurham
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So after a discussion with O2 online chat last night i was advised my phone (iphone 6, 64gb space grey)was now in stock and would be dispatched within 7-10 days, great i thought, finally progress after i have waited since the 20th September!  I then asked them to confirm that i read them right and that it was definitely in stock and it was definitely being processed for dispatch, yes you are correct they confirmed.

About half an hour later an email arrives, your order is being processed and will be despatched shortly, excelent i think this just confirms my conversation i have just had.

Today i receive a text from O2, Were sorry but your Iphone 6 hasnt come in yet, as soon as it arrives we'll let you know, until then we'll update you weekly!!!

I phone O2 and think maybe its just a wrong automated text message, the operator speaks to the relevant departments and comes back to me to confirm that the text message is correct, my phone isnt in stock and she has been advised to tell me that it may be another 2-3 weeks before i receive it!!!!! bearing in mmidn my original date was 1-3 weeks from date of order.

Do O2 seriously have any idea what they are doing??? Is there any level of competence throughout the company whatsoever?

I am now left thinking 2 things - have O2 suddenly decided today to give my order to somebody else instead because they maybe shouted louder than me? Or, did they just tell me a pack of lies last night just to get rid of yet another angry customer who they have stolen money from but not delivered the promised goods when they promised they would?

Surely trading standards/OFCOM must have some kind of law against these type of practices?

The only form of compensation i have been offered is that they will honour the price of my O2 recycle quote which so far is £5 difference (i may yet still have to argue this one with them!), and the 41 day airtime refund which by the time i have received my phone will be well over 41 days!

I really hope somebod from O2 read this as you deserve to be told what an incompetent bunch of morons you really are!

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Join in here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/m-p/703503#U703503
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Join in here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/m-p/703503#U703503
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 20

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You have probably already see the enormous thread currently running here;

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-6-PreOrder/m-p/787783#M130517

To be honest there is nothing more we can add that hasn't already been said there.

Message 3 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone actually investigated the legality of what they have done?

Message 4 of 20

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@ChrisUKDurham wrote:

Not that we are aware of...

Message 5 of 20

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@ChrisUKDurham wrote:

Until somebody contacts and registers a complaint with their local council's Trading Standards Office, we won't know.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Although we are unsure as to the illegality of practices...they are certainly immoral.. and yes....smacks of total incompetence

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 20

ChrisUKDurham
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmm O2 are very cute about it...

According to:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/consumer-rights-refunds-exchange

Specific delivery:
If you or the seller specified a certain delivery date (eg in time for a birthday or Christmas) but your order wasn't delivered on time you've a right to a full refund. If a date wasn't specified at all, then delivery should be within 30 days.

O2 are simply quoting the line, you are perfectly entitled to cancel your order, knowing full well that you will just go to the end of the Q with another provider.  it appears illegal - No, Immoral a big fat YES!!

Message 8 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe if you complete the online complaints form you may get some satisfaction http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

My colleague at work yesterday spoke to CPW who upgraded her O2 account over the phone and she recieved her iPhone 6 this morning.

Also Apple are apparently offering the iPhone 6 on the Refresh Tariff too.
Message 9 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no axe to grind in this matter as anything I have ever ordered from O2 arrived in very good time.

However, if the situation is as bad as it appears from the many complaints lodged in this Community why hasn't someone, or preferably a group, referred the matter to a UK national TV programme such as Watchdog or Rip Off Britain for investigation?   Referring people to Trading Standards Offices may be a wise move but knowing the speed at which the Public Services work in Britain a resolution within 5 years is hardly likely.

Gerry

Message 10 of 20