cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cellular Data/Business account - Problem & Charges!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iphone5. I recently swapped from an O2 personal to O2 Business account. I have 1GB data/unlimited calls.

Everything worked fine with my account until O2 switched it over to a business account, when suddenly my cellular data service stopped working along with my visual voicemail.

After numerous calls and 'guru' chats i was supplied data settings. But my APN settings were all the default ones supplied by O2 (nothing touched). ive even reset/restored my iphone completely and tried every other method available to get it working to no avail.

I took my iphone into a local O2 store a few weeks ago, where one of the staff changed simply changed my APN settings from  idata.o2.co.uk to wap.o2.couk.   Suddenly my cellular data settings worked. (Although my voicemail still didnt).

However checking my bill a few weeks later.. ive now found that bacause of using wap.o2.couk  ive been charged nearly £200 for data services!!!!!! apparently its "the wrong APN"... So how can i be charged for data usage? O2 staff changed over these settings for me in store!!

I have 1GB data bolt on. And i definitely havent gone over that limit, Were talking minimal 3G use.

Nobody at O2 seems to be any help. So currently im without any cellular/3G service, no voicemail and a bill for £200!!! 

All i want is my phone as it was before i switched to Business, with cellular and visual voicemail working fine.. how hard can it be to transfer an account within the same company?!

Message 1 of 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Nobody at O2 seems to be any help. So currently im without any cellular/3G service, no voicemail and a bill for £200!!! 

I think a complaint is justified and hopefully you'll get this refunded:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,CASE=13668

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You should be on iData, I think.
Maybe your account is not set up with an iPhone data plan?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think a complaint is justified and hopefully you'll get this refunded:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mobile%29,CASE=13668

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 26

MI5
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Surely they should have changed it to "mobile.o2.co.uk" anyway?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

no it was set to wap.o2.co.uk .. ive since reset it to idata.o2.co.uk so not to incur charges but this still means i have the same problem.. I cant access online without my wifi..

idata.o2.co.uk was the setting that worked fine until my account was switched to business. then it stopped working. O2 have confirmed everything is setup ok on my new business account.

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the complaint link. ill submit to that.
Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Change it to mobile.o2.co.uk and if it works it will prove your account is set up wrong. You won't get any additional charges.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks MI5 ive just tried mobile.o2.co.uk and my cellular data works fine with this setting (i can access the web).

but i also tried this a few days ago and i appear to have been charged for that too?..

see screenshot...

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 16.02.11.png

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 144367 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It appears you do not have any data allowance on your account.... This is a real shambles 😞

Currently using:
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

yep shambles is the word!! ive been onto the so called chat gurus numerous times who have no clue. ive rang Customer Service and they all assured me everything has been swapped over and activated fine. O2 dont fill me with confidence!

Im at a loss to who i can speak to in resolving it. i get passed from department to department

Message 10 of 26