cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Setting updated this morning - now barely getting signal at any time..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got a little pop up this morning saying carrier settings needed updating, so duly complied. Phone has been awful all day. Barely any signal, what I do get lasts seconds (minutes at a push) then reverts to 'No Service' or just shows the five empty circles and no 3G/4G (but phone still doesnt work).

I am in London, not that far from Central so its got nothing to do with location, and I have had 4G here since I have had the phone (5s). Anyone else suffering the same fate? I'm just about ready to launch the phone out the window...

Thanks

M
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Major O2 network outage. Being worked on Many people are already back on....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Major O2 network outage across the UK, not just you, see the many threads here & the bbc
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If only peeps would read all the other threads first 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know @MI5 or use the search function but @Toby will have fun tomorrow cleaning the forum
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, was aware of the news - but that apparently happened at about 4pm today - whereas my phone hasnt been working since about 1030 this morning, so didnt think the two were linked.

Thanks for confirming anyway.

M
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
No problem mate, hope it's not too long for you
Message 7 of 7