cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Bluetooth doesnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 2 iPhone 6s. One works perfectly in both of my cars, the other doesn't work at all. Rather, it connects says " no network", downloads the contacts but you cannot call through the headset.

If you dial a number on the handset, the music isn't muted and the head unit doesn't display the call. If someone calls, the handset rings but the music doesn't mute and the call isn't shown on the head unit.

According to ok "guru" tonight, I need to download a car Bluetooth app ( any one at all in the App Store, most of which are games ), and then suddenly Bluetooth will work. What a load of tosh.

Anyone else got Bluetooth issues on iOS 8.0.2 ? The phone is less than 1 day old and came as an upgrade from o2
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous 

I had a similar problem with my iPhone 6 - it would connect ok but when I made a call, as soon as someone answered, it disconnected from the car and wouldn't let me use handsfree.  I had a few other network issues so I went to the Apple store twice.  The first time I was advised to restore it to a new phone - it didn't solve the problem.  The second time I was given a replacement.  It has been a week and *touch wood* it is working fine now slight_smile

Message 11 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Ive been having on going trouble getting my iPhone 5c on iOS 8.3 to connect to my TomTom which allows it to connect to the personal hotspot to get traffic services.

I have tried renaming the device as you have suggested here which didn't work. I have got it to work in the past by restoring my iphone but this is really annoying as I cannot restore it form a backup as thats where the problem seems to be. 

Maybe geting a replacement and restoring it to my latest back up is the best way to go? If so how do I do this.

For a more detailed explanation of all the attempts I have made to fix this please see this post in the Tom Tom forum; https://en.discussions.tomtom.com/go-and-start-40-50-60-series-go-400-500-600-5000-6000-mydrive-176/...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks,

Matt

Message 12 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The only way to get a replacement phone is to contact Apple and tell them the problem.
It seems they have suggested it previously as a possible fix to the problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spoken to one of the senior Technicians at Apple and proved that a new handset wouldnt fix the problem as it is within the backup data.

Does anyone know how to get old messages back? I'm just about managing to get most othet things back manually. Still a really long work around thats using a lot of time.

Message 14 of 14