cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Bluetooth doesnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 2 iPhone 6s. One works perfectly in both of my cars, the other doesn't work at all. Rather, it connects says " no network", downloads the contacts but you cannot call through the headset.

If you dial a number on the handset, the music isn't muted and the head unit doesn't display the call. If someone calls, the handset rings but the music doesn't mute and the call isn't shown on the head unit.

According to ok "guru" tonight, I need to download a car Bluetooth app ( any one at all in the App Store, most of which are games ), and then suddenly Bluetooth will work. What a load of tosh.

Anyone else got Bluetooth issues on iOS 8.0.2 ? The phone is less than 1 day old and came as an upgrade from o2
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well...after 5 hours I fixed it. I did a soft reset, then a restore. They didn't work. Final straw was to reset all settings and rename the phone ( it wasn't the same name as my other phone anyway but.. ).

Fixed. Yaaay slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

The fact that one works and the other doesn't would make me either book a genius appointment at your nearest apple store, or failing that, get it exchanged by o2.

Hope you get it sorted.

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would tend to agree with viridis.

Book an appointment here http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ and let them run a diagnostic on it.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do both phones have different names? Is the phone that works out of range, or have its blue tooth turned off when you try and connect the second phone?
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well...after 5 hours I fixed it. I did a soft reset, then a restore. They didn't work. Final straw was to reset all settings and rename the phone ( it wasn't the same name as my other phone anyway but.. ).

Fixed. Yaaay slight_smile
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, glad you got it sorted! I had a funny feeling it might be something to do with the name slight_smile
Message 6 of 14

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Excellent outcome,

Keep your eye on it and hopefully it's not an intermittent fault.

Message 7 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93176 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
You could have disassociated the bt link in your car and iphone and set the car to discover the iphone again. Would have been less hassle.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
That didn't work- I'd already done the obvious things. Shame the guru was useless too
Message 10 of 14