cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make/receive calls and can't send messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Losing my patience with o2...

For months now i have been having problems with making and receiving calls, as well as sending text messages.

I have spoken to O2 numerous times and they just tell me there is maintenance in the area and it won't take long to go back to normal...3 month maintenance?

After that i get told to install some app which will use my wifi to make calls.  This doesn't help me when i'm on the road and trying to make calls for work.

I've done all the troubleshooting such as turning 4g off, resetting network settings, taking the sim card out and putting it back in.  Nothing works.

I just get the automated messages saying to try again in a few hours when the maintenance is complete.

Anybody else has this issue and found a fix?

Surely this falls under the whole 'not fit for purpose' sector?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This must be an absolute nightmare. You seem to have done all the troubleshooting you can..

Not sure I can personally recommend anything other than make a complaint?

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
You mention "out on the road" too so does that mean you don't get a signal anywhere at all?
If so, you need to check either phone or sim as one or the other is faulty.
O2 will give you a new sim or try yours in another phone and see where the problem is.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like faulty sim to me, ask O2 for a new sim but remember to make sure you ask for a contract sim or a payg as they are 2 different types

Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The symptoms you describe point to a sim or phone issue. Obviously the sim is the first thing to check. Do you have another phone you can try it in. If the problem is happening on the road you will at least know if it's a sim or phone issue. 

Message 5 of 5