O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

nb
Level 2: Apprentice
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

Hello
I'm currently into about the 3rd month of my contract with O2 and thinking of selling my iPhone as a iPod Touch would service my needs loads better, and could I actually sell it with a 16 month contract left and how would this actually work?

Help really would be appreciated.

Nick
Apple iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4Gb
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 213
Kudos: 893
Solutions: 973

Re: Can I sell my iPhone?

Hello
I'm currently into about the 3rd month of my contract with O2 and thinking of selling my iPhone as a iPod Touch would service my needs lot's better and can I sell it with a 16 month contract on it and how would this actually work?
Help really would be appreciated.
Nick

Short answer no the contract is with you and you only, you could pay the rest of your contract up front to get out of it.
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
nb
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

Thanks and I see now, so basically I either just use it until the contract runs out or just pay my outsanding balance of 16 Months and if I did that today then I could sell the iPhone I guess Unlocked or what?

Cheers
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 213
Kudos: 893
Solutions: 973

Can I sell my iPhone?

Nick

I guess you should ring O2 Directly as it is a contract issue and not a technical one.

Adam
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
nb
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

Nick
I guess you should ring O2 Directly as it is a contract issue and not a technical one.
Adam

sure and wondered if anyone had done it allready.i'll phone 02 now.

thanks
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.
slippers

Can I sell my iPhone?

I was going to just ask how it went but it is likely you are still on hold :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Level 1: Joiner
garyadamson

Can I sell my iPhone?

I bought an iPhone 3G in black, decided I didn't like the colour, bought a white model from Apple on a new contract (before they were available on O2), put my original SIM card into the new phone and then sold the black one without a SIM. I could advertise as for use with a contract SIM or a PAYG one, and as this was before PAYG was available in the shops, it sold for enough for me to cover the cost of the remaining term of the contract. So i just put the money in the bank and let it pay the contract each month. I guess you may not get as much for it now as anyone can get a PAYG, but there are still people out there who do not want to but one through O2 or CPW for whatever reason.
Please use plain text.
nb
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

I was going to just ask how it went but it is likely you are still on hold :smileyvery-happy:

Hey I contacted O2 earlier and I have 2 options available -

1.Stay on contract until the end.
2.You have a early contract termination charge of approx 16 months or £480.00 inc.

Also I asked what happens to the iPhone when it's wrapped up early and I asked if it was then free to put any SIM in it and he said it was still locked to O2, which seems odd to me as it's my phone and I should be able to do as I like with it ...right or wrong?
Anyway he said I could either sell it, pop a PAYG in it or contract it again, so what i'm going to do to like even evertything out and not loose too much is wait until Feb and then pay for the rest of my contract and then sell it with 6 months warranty.

I think this sounds ok and whats your thoughts?

Cheers
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.
nb
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

The real reason i'll be packing the contract in is because I was really let down with the 3G aspect of it and where I am the signal is rubbish and really doubt O2 will do much about it apart from servicing city's with 3G.

The iPhone really is a brilliant device and I love it but it's reception issues I have but no doubt all this could change, but I doubt it will in the next year or so of the contract and would much rather buy a iPod Touch.

Cheers
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.
nb
nb

Can I sell my iPhone?

I'm glad now and today I finished with my contract and paid the outstanding balance due, 3G was really flaky in my area + the iPhone drained the battery in no time at all so i'm on PAYG and I have bought a Touch which makes more sense allround to me.

The iPhone just seems more hassle than it's worth really.

cheers
Apple iPhone 3G 8Gb
Please use plain text.