cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I insure my sons phone online

Anonymous
Not applicable

My son dropped his phone into the pool, we have put it in rice and it is still not working , I wanted to know if I could pay to insure his phone online , or would in have to go to apple , o2 or would in have to buy him a new phone 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The £149 is for a replacement phone not a warranty. Cheaper than replacing with a new phone.

Message 11 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I go to tell them that he's dropped his phone in the pool what would they say, wouldn't it have to be working for me to insure it or can it be broken

You can't take out insurance on a phone that's already water damaged or broken and then try to claim on the insurance. That's fraud.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 24

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why I am asking would there phone have to be workinfor me to get insurance on his phone, I didn't wanna know about fraud

Message 14 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank yo very much for your help

Message 15 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why I am asking would there phone have to be workinfor me to get insurance on his phone, I didn't wanna know about fraud

If you bought a replacement phone from Apple (refurbished) it would be working...THAT is the phone you need to get insured. Obviously the phone he dropped in the pool is no longer working...but you could see if it is repairable by ringing Apple...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 24

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

The replacement phones do come with a warranty but water damage isn't covered. For that you would need to shop around for insurance.

Message 17 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You could get insurance but they will never pay out,
They can tell if the phone is active or turned off, they can also see what sim is in it and if calls had been made.
The second you put in a fraudulant claim they would know and could actually report you to police for insurance fraud, your details recorded and blacklisting your name for any future insurance policy purchasing requests.
I'd pay a visit to apple tbh and cough up for a replacement, or buy a much cheaper phone and teach a lesson about electrical items near a swimming pool.
Message 18 of 24

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
And to clarify all the comments above...

No warranty on earth will cover a phone dropped into a swimming pool unless it specifically has a warrantied ip rating.
No iphone has an ip rating.
Message 19 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot

Message 20 of 24