cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Called the uk from menorca

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I'm currently in Menorca on holiday and I'm trying to call the UK. Each time I try, I hear a message that says "This option is not available. Please contact our customer care services". I have O2 travel set up. Any idea what I need to do to resolve this?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I contacted the live chat person ( Mandy, allegedly) she was perfectly pleasant and I thought she'd resolved the issue (outgoing international calls blocked). Apparently she'd removed the block which means that I would be able to make calls within 2 to 24 hours. Well over 24 hours later I still can't make calls. Moral of the story? Live chat sucks and as a result a house purchase has gone. O2 service is brilliant. Not. What a woeful experience.
Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not you guys. Just added you coz I thought you might be interested.
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry to hear that international calls were blocked for you

I think I mentioned earlier that sometimes CS require a call BEFORE you leave the UK to make sure you are provisioned for taking your phone abroad.

I had to do this the first time abroad with my new contract phone.

They made a note on my account that I was  frequently abroad so only that first call was needed.

I know that is no consolation to you now but I am sorry things got messed up for you slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh dear not the good outcome I was hoping for. 😞
Message 15 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
My guess is it hasn't worked as you're not connected to O2-UK currently, as Cleoriff suggests it is usually done before leaving the UK.
Is there not any other phone available anywhere that you can use to make the calls you need to?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Not good news and I'm disappointed O2 haven't been able to resolve it for you.

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Missed out on a house purchase as a result Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

That will be a big issue for the OP I'm afraid. Hopefully when they get back to the UK the house offer may still be open.

Message 19 of 23

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Years ago, before mobile phones were invented, we used to buy calling cards from supermarkets or garages when abroad to call home from public phone boxes....
There's always an alternative to using a mobile now if the need is great enough......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 23