cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPW Pre-Order Procedure?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know the procedures for CPW pre-orders? If you have made an order are they the same as O2, in that they wont charge your payment card until they dispatch your handset etc? Thanks in advance for any advice received. 😀
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You shouldn't be charged for the upfront cost until you have been accepted, I got the acceptance email and the was charged shortly after.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Any help?
http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{419654b0-0a65-11df-4dc3-f20203001...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My card has already been charged for the upfront handset cost, with the phone obviously not having shipped yet.

I have been charged even though I have not received an 'acceptance' email, however the advisor I spoke to advised that I would not receive an acceptance email. So i short, I'm not any clearer than you...

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I once ordered a phone that was out of stock on the CPW website and whilst a pre-authority was reserved on my account, no money was taken. I subsequently cancelled the order on line as I found stock in a store, so no money was taken.
Where a deposit is required on orders this will be taken at point of order placement, I would imagine....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I would suggest opting into your local CPW or give them a ring for official clarification.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You shouldn't be charged for the upfront cost until you have been accepted, I got the acceptance email and the was charged shortly after.
Message 6 of 6