cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy or wait??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been saving up!! yes. old fashioned I know. I now want to upgrade from my  iphone 4 to an i phone 5S. Should I do this now or is a newer version imminent? I buy my phone outright & use PAYG.  

Just dont want to pay £550 and be wrong.

thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

It's kind of an awkward period as we are pretty much slap bang in the middle of the normal iPhone release cycle. The last 4 iPhones (including 5C) have all been released around September/October time. Current rumours suggest the 4.7" iPhone 6 will be released at a similar time with the larger 5.5" being released more towards Christmas. This is rumours and speculation though so take with a large pinch of salt.

Ultimately the decision on whether to buy a 5S now is down to you and whether you would regret holding on for 6 months for the 6 or if you would be happy with a 5S even when the new phone is out. Sadly we can't answer that question for you as it is a personal choice.

That said as you currently have an iPhone 4, the 5S would be a significant upgrade to you with improvements in speed, screen size, camera, siri and the touchID sensor to name a few. It would also be more future proof than your current iPhone 4 which I highly suspect will not be invited to the iOS8 party when that is released later this year

Message 11 of 14

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Although I like my iPhone 5s, I preferred the iPhone 4 as it seemed to have stronger reception and it was better at picking up and keeping the wifi connections.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all your replies, very helpful. I have decided to wait. Based on the fact that I would be getting an iphone 5s if I changed now which I suppose is just the 'tweeked' upgrade to the iphone5. So I will wait for whenever 6 appears. I know it will cost more but can keep saving. I want to stay with Apple as have ipad & imac so makes sense. If the rumours are correct about 2 screen sizes then would probably stick to smaller one as want it as a phone not a tablet. So yes all your answers helped, just sit back and wait now. Thanks.

Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough.

There's a fair few waiting with you me included.

slight_smile
Message 14 of 14