cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad call quality after ios 8.3 upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

is anyone else having this problem

i have updated my iphone 6 to iOS8.3 & when i make a call i get a buzzing / distortion noise when the caller has a deeper voice or when the volume is up from medium to loud & this is on the earpeice ONLY & not the loud speaker.

i have restarted the phone, i have reinstalled 8.3 i have tried logging off/on the phone network, i tried a sim from a different network & nothing cures it.

i have tried with 'Phone Noise Cancelation' off that didnt cure it. i then tried switching on the 'Hearing Aid Mode' which turned off 'Phone Noise Cancelation' & now the buzzing distortion is not there & the quality is good again.

i downgraded back to 8.2 & no buzzing/distortion & call quality is clear.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also @Anonymous the op has already stated that they done what is in the link, they've downgraded & everything seems fine now

Yes...that was my point as well @Anonymous . The guy who posted on the Apple forum stated that's what he did as well. downgrading appears to fix the problem...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff I hadn't heard of this issue until the op posted this so its not common but with iOS 8 & it's succeeding updates it does not surprise me
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hopefully they will fix with the next update. but for the moment its seems that he only solution is to downgrade to 8.2 ...
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
IOS 8.3 Set the earpiece volume high Dial 202 it is more noticeable on the automated voice.
It's like a crackle noise in the background, it's like the earpiece can't handle the low tones.
Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the volume too loud maybe & the earpiece is burning out
Message 15 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

no volume is not full, you can hear distortion when low too.

i think the 4G 3G 2G toggle has caused this as on ios 8.2 that didnt have the switch all was well & i tried a Three sim which doesnt give you the toggle switch also & call quality is clear.

Message 16 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Definitely a network issue. This has always been a problem with O2. I've noticed a vast difference in call quality between O2, EE and the local network here. It's not been an issue as such but it's certainly noticeable. 

Message 17 of 17