Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Article for IOS users

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

I'm not an Apple user in any shape or form, but I saw this article and thought it might be of interest to anyone looking to upgrade to IOS 8:

http://www.zdnet.com/six-reasons-why-you-should-not-immediately-upgrade-to-ios-8-7000033596/?s_cid=e...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Means absolutely nothing to me.

I posted the article to be of benefit for the majority of IOS users. You, and a select few, don't fall into that category. If five of the six points in the article can help someone who isn't as technically competent with the software as you are, then that's a good thing. If the sixth point is only partially accurate, then that's not a bad thing either.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Confusing......
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/02/how-to-save-shsh-blobs-for-ios-6-1/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the majority read your link I wouldn't want them to read part 6 and think i'll Update to iOS 8 ,and if I don't like it I'll go back to iOS 7.

That's all.

Not sure what you mean in the latter part of your post ? 😞
Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
In jail breaking Cydia saves your blobs incase something comes along jail break wise to allow one to use them.

Due to the new A Chips in the newer iPhones these blobs don't work but are kept just in case.

Some say they can with Faith but I've never seen proof.
Message 14 of 18

Bambino
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
If the majority read your link I wouldn't want them to read part 6 and think i'll Update to iOS 8 ,and if I don't like it I'll go back to iOS 7.

That's all.

Not sure what you mean in the latter part of your post ? 😞

I edited the latter part of my previous post to clarify it. I also think that ZDNET is a pretty good source of information. That's why I posted the article. Exactly what part of 'tricky, if not impossible' don't you understand?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 15 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Think I'll stick to Android slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Don't think I'll bother with the 4S before it gets passed on though the OH has her eye on the Note 2 as well.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I and others 'like minded' personally think Apple should lengthen the period one can go back to the previous iOS if the new one is not liked etc.

In my experience people tend not to see the terminology 'tricky' or don't do homework on the subject and just upgrade and then flood other forums with posts of "how do I roll
Back ?"

Prevention is better than cure.
Message 18 of 18