Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps Not Updating Automatically

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a similar issue with apps not updating.  It is switched to automatically on the phone, but they never update automatically. I thought maybe with iOS 8, it might rectify, but still the same Crazy

Samsung S8
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

May be worth turning on app refresh.

Help link http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/20/ios-7-how-to-set-up-automatic-app-updates/

I'm on iOS 8.0.2 and my apps update ok if I turn the setting on.

I have mine toggled off so I can update them on wifi
Message 2 of 10

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

The app refresh was turned off, so maybe that was the cause.  I will wait and see if any need updating.  I do have apps set to automatically download but they never seem to anymore 😞

Samsung S8
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just be aware that having that setting on will use more data and more battery.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks! I will keep an eye on it.  I hardly use data anyway, but I will keep checking slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be honest when I've turned this setting on the battery drain is Minimal.

I add it into battery saving tips as turning it off has been reported to save a little bit of juice.
Message 6 of 10

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

The only day I want to test updates ... I dont have any yet Drum

Samsung S8
Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That's normal slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Pickles
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Didn't work slight_frown

Samsung S8
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pickles wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has a similar issue with apps not updating.  It is switched to automatically on the phone, but they never update automatically. I thought maybe with iOS 8, it might rectify, but still the same Crazy

I expect you've already tried this but make sure you have the following switched on:

Go into Settings/scroll down to iTunes & App Store and touch it. First make sure UPDATES is switched on in the AUTOMATIC UPDATES section and then make sure you have "USE CELLULAR DATA" switched on. Be aware that this could seriously affect the amount of cellular data you use, especially if there are a lot of updates.

Message 10 of 10