cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple reportedly asking some developers to have Watch apps ready to go by February

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Apple reportedly asking some developers to have Watch apps ready to go by February"

Excerpt from the link "According to a report published on January 30 by MacRumors and citing an unnamed source, some high-profile developers are being sought after by Apple. The reason for this is for the Watch, and applications being prepared for the wearable which is on schedule to begin shipping in April. The report indicates that this developer, and possibly others, is being tasked with having their Apple Watch-ready application available and ready to go by February 12."

My thoughts :

Now that the time is hopefully coming for Apple to release more product information, launch dates ,and the all important official price i'm becoming more and more interested in a wearable piece of tech.

Source : iphonehacks.

Link      : Apple Watch.

apple-watch-hero-1024x1024.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I'm  a little old fashioned when it comes to watches so don't like digital watches. Then again, I'm from a generation where people can actually tell the time you using the 30 degree intervals. Bouncy

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I look forward to your posts @anticpated

Clever , witty and intelligent.

I won't use a watch at work due to the nature of working in a Trade yard and Warehouse , but I'm definitely interested in what the iWatch and indeed other options already on the market can offer.
Message 3 of 8

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I just bought another Citizen Eco Drive watch recently, one with Sapphire Crystal Glass and Titanium bracelet so it is reasonably resistant to scratches and light compared to steel. Just waiting until I can splash out in a high-end Seiko or Tag Heur.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I can see really good reasons for the Apple Watch. Its going to be hard for people who already have a watch that they wear every day, to then just stop wearing it and wear the Apple Watch in place of it. I cannot see people wearing their regular watch on one wrist and the Apple Watch on the other.

The things that really appeal to me about the Apple Watch are, getting notifications on the wrist without having to take your iPhone out of your pocket. Been able to control your music without taking your iPhone out of your pocket, Health app, and I expect when its released I would be aware of other features etc that I would find useful.

But after saying all of that, I have a nice watch that I wear everyday, and I couldn’t justify putting this in its box and not wearing it, and instead get an Apple Watch.

The faults I see with the Apple Watch are:

1: Not been waterproof.

2: People tend to change their smartphones, tablets every couple/few years or so, but not their watches.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the Apple Watch and I would really like one for the reasons I've mentioned, but with me owning a watch already, I couldn't justify getting another watch, especially if I would have to stop wearing my current watch.

Message 5 of 8

anticpated
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I charge my handset every 1 - 2 days as required. It's the first battery I had that lasted that long and now the software has a battery saver, it get a wee bit more juice out it.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

I'm  a little old fashioned when it comes to watches so don't like digital watches. Then again, I'm from a generation where people can actually tell the time you using the 30 degree intervals. Bouncy

I have a collection of watches, I co-ordinate with what I'm wearing att - but none digital - I do not wear a watch in the house - I have digital clocks in each room except the living room where there is a very nice mantel clock my son bought me for my birthday many years ago & the kitchen minute/second timer is digital

that said I'd not really be interested in this watch, but I will read this thread with interest slight_smile

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

I just bought another Citizen Eco Drive watch recently, one with Sapphire Crystal Glass and Titanium bracelet so it is reasonably resistant to scratches and light compared to steel. Just waiting until I can splash out in a high-end Seiko or Tag Heur.

my oldest & smallest watch is a Seiko, stainless steel back, bezel & buckle which is important to me as I'm allergic to nickel, even the sol-called nickel complianant watches/jewelery are no good for me + slim crocodile stamped leather black strap

Message 8 of 8