Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple releases iOS 8.1.2 with fix for missing ringtone bug and more

Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple releases iOS 8.1.2 with fix for missing ringtone bug and more

Source : idownloadblog 

"Apple has released iOS 8.1.2 this afternoon with a handful of bug fixes and other improvements. Specifically, the release notes say the update addresses an issue where ringtones purchased through the iTunes Store may have disappeared from users’ devices.

You can access the new firmware over the air via Settings > General > Software Update, or via iTunes by connecting your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a computer. "

image.jpg

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Personally, I'm sticking to 8.1.1 - I don't have any ringtones issues so don't really see the benefit to updating to 8.1.2, especially on my iPad 2, which ran like junk (stuttery animations, crashes, slow safari, screen taps not registering straight away, etc) pre 8.1.1, but these issues have now indeed been sorted by the 8.1.1 update.

Not risking 8.1.2 messing up my iPad 2 again like all the pre 8.1.1 updates did...........Destroy

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't blame you at all @DinoF

If what's new does not bring anything to the table for you then it makes sense to hold off.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions
It'll get you eventually....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally choose not to create a Thread and not Update that thread if new information becomes available or if my personal experience with software or hardware connected to the subject matter could be of beneficial help. 

When iOS8 was first released the updates caused some bugs and issues which was discussed in great detail on the this forum and elsewhere.

From those discussions im sure some were unsure if to then carry out the firmware update ,and many now wait for an 'update' from an early adopter of the firmware update.

That is the benefit of updates. 

😄

If that was a somewhat barbed sarcastic comment aimed at a post I made, since deleted, we both know it's not the case. I'm far too well educated to be taken in by self justification. Now all you have to do is update all the other unanswered threads.:smileywink:

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not at all jonsie

It was an explanation as to why I sometimes add new information to some of my posts and other peoples posts.

If their is something to add to any of my threads or indeed any other threads that adds further to them, then yes I will.

Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 16