Did you mean: 

Appalling iPhone 6 Behaviour....

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
iPhone 6

So just got back from London and have to say I am appalled at how rubbish my iPhone 6 operated, on the O2 Contract network when compared to my wife's iPhone 5 on O2 Pay as You Go.

We were standing outside Ripley's Believe it or Not (just off the Trocadero, central London) and my iPhone 6 just could not get ANY service. The screen showed I had 5 full bars/dots and showed '4G' however, even just trying to open a web page was taking WELL over 5 minutes. I tried several reboots and also a soft reset however nothing fixed this issue. Meanwhile, my wife, inside one of the shops, managed to upload several photos of our day out, to a social media website no problem, whilst me outside, was struggling to even open a SINGLE web page on my SUPPOSEDLY, superior iPhone 6. This was also a recurring issue for me throughout the day in London. At several different locations, my iPhone 6 would show 'No Service' whilst my wife's iPhone 5 would show several bars/dots. I was sick of this - absolutely ridiculous...... Surely, if there is no service, BOTH phones would show NO SERVICE??? There is NO REASON why my iPhone 6 would show No Service and her iPhone 5 would indeed have service????

I am also appealed at the fact that the free O2 wifi, which is offed up town, ALSO, just did not seem to work for me. I have registered SEVERAL times before however every time I tried to select the O2 Free wifi, it kept asking me to register AGAIN????! By this time, I REALLY had lost the patience with my phone AND O2, to re-register AGAIN, so gave up entirely.

I am actually now seriously considering selling my iPhone 6 and buying an iPhone 5S. The price I can sell my 6 for, would pay for a 5 S with money left over. I never had issues like this when I had my iPhone 5?

Plus the fact that some apps on my 6 fail to work properly - WhatsApp continues to fail to notify me for new chat messages despite the fact that I have all appropriate settings turned on plus also, an RSS app continues to fail to background download new stories (again, all appropriate settings are enabled). In both instances, I have contacted the app developers and they can not provide any further help - both putting the issue either the phone or the AppLe servers.

Again- I have NEVER experienced issues like these on my iPhone 5.

Rant over.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@DinoF you can compare models here ->

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare/

Their is Certainly more under the hood of the iP6 when comparing them and more than just bigger real estate. 😄

.....cheers for that link - certainly helpful seeing the specs side by side. 

Only major difference I can see is the iPhone 6's A8 chip compared to the iPhone 5S's A7. All other differences are minimal (in my opinion!) 

To be perfectly honest, I also do miss the 'pocketable size of the iPhone 5! The 6 certainly is a beast, even when resting in my pocket!!!

Lets see what the Genius guys come up with next week........

Message 31 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
@DinoF hope you get your phone repaired or a new 5S, which would you prefer
Message 32 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @DinoF

Rumours are an iPhone 6 at the iPhone 5s model screen size but we'll have to see if that comes to fruition. 😉
Message 33 of 33