Did you mean: 

Appalling iPhone 6 Behaviour....

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
iPhone 6

So just got back from London and have to say I am appalled at how rubbish my iPhone 6 operated, on the O2 Contract network when compared to my wife's iPhone 5 on O2 Pay as You Go.

We were standing outside Ripley's Believe it or Not (just off the Trocadero, central London) and my iPhone 6 just could not get ANY service. The screen showed I had 5 full bars/dots and showed '4G' however, even just trying to open a web page was taking WELL over 5 minutes. I tried several reboots and also a soft reset however nothing fixed this issue. Meanwhile, my wife, inside one of the shops, managed to upload several photos of our day out, to a social media website no problem, whilst me outside, was struggling to even open a SINGLE web page on my SUPPOSEDLY, superior iPhone 6. This was also a recurring issue for me throughout the day in London. At several different locations, my iPhone 6 would show 'No Service' whilst my wife's iPhone 5 would show several bars/dots. I was sick of this - absolutely ridiculous...... Surely, if there is no service, BOTH phones would show NO SERVICE??? There is NO REASON why my iPhone 6 would show No Service and her iPhone 5 would indeed have service????

I am also appealed at the fact that the free O2 wifi, which is offed up town, ALSO, just did not seem to work for me. I have registered SEVERAL times before however every time I tried to select the O2 Free wifi, it kept asking me to register AGAIN????! By this time, I REALLY had lost the patience with my phone AND O2, to re-register AGAIN, so gave up entirely.

I am actually now seriously considering selling my iPhone 6 and buying an iPhone 5S. The price I can sell my 6 for, would pay for a 5 S with money left over. I never had issues like this when I had my iPhone 5?

Plus the fact that some apps on my 6 fail to work properly - WhatsApp continues to fail to notify me for new chat messages despite the fact that I have all appropriate settings turned on plus also, an RSS app continues to fail to background download new stories (again, all appropriate settings are enabled). In both instances, I have contacted the app developers and they can not provide any further help - both putting the issue either the phone or the AppLe servers.

Again- I have NEVER experienced issues like these on my iPhone 5.

Rant over.
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think @viridis may have hit the nail on the head there.
Message 11 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome @DinoF

It's known app developers are still catching up on optimising certain apps. Perhaps deleting and re downloading may help.

Good luck.
Message 12 of 33

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93183 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Perhaps UPgrading to a Note 4 would solve all issues wink

Well there is that of course.....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 33

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Knowing how much Dino likes his (inferior) iPhones I didn't feel it appropriate to suggest that wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 33

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous - my iPhone 6 certainly, at times, does indeed feel 'inferior'!!!! I should have kept my trusty iPhone 5!

Wonder if Apple would trade in my 6 for a 5S grin
Message 16 of 33

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I'm sure you'd be able to find someone willing to that trade mate....
In fact my daughter has offered up her trusty 4s already wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

In fact my daughter has offered up her trusty 4s already wink

Must pass that on......:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

well i must say i have traveled all over Scotland to lands end + London with my phone 6 and must state i have had no problems at all in fact i find the 6 is much faster and am well pleased

Message 19 of 33

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

well i must say i have traveled all over Scotland to lands end + London with my phone 6 and must state i have had no problems at all in fact i find the 6 is much faster and am well pleased

Yes, this is why we suggested Dino took his phone to Apple to get it checked out....Something is obviously wrong with his iphone 6...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 33