O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Apple iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad)

Level 2: Apprentice
bigbird

Apn settings on payg iPhone with pay monthly sim

Sorry if this has been covered before. I changed the settings as per a lovely man at o2 and all was well for Internet. Since then I've downloaded photos and iTunes. I then couldn't send an mms despite a text telling me all was well. I rang another lovely helpful o2 man to find that the apn settings had reverted back to the original ones. Please can someone tell me if this is likely to happen everytime I connect to iTunes.? Sorry if I'm asking a silly question but I am new to the iPhone. Cheers all.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 212
Kudos: 891
Solutions: 971

Please clarify which settings

Iphone payg
Iphone pay Monthly ( default apn's) As this is the default Iphone out of the factory
Non Iphone pay monthly

But they are here http://shop.o2.co.uk/update/settings.html

They do not change each time but do when there is a carrier update of new version of the iPhones software i.e 3.0.1 was the last with 4.4 for the carrier
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
bigbird

It is a pay monthly iPhone direct from apple store on a payg sim which I changed for my online 35 sim. I changed them from idata to mobile.o2.co.uk in the cellular space and a wap.o2.co.uk in mms space.
Please use plain text.
awoodvine

It is a pay monthly iPhone direct from apple store on a payg sim which I changed for my online 35 sim. I changed them from idata to mobile.o2.co.uk in the cellular space and a wap.o2.co.uk in mms space.

These are my MMS settings which work:

APN: wap.o2.co.uk
Username: o2wap
Password: password
MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.co.uk:8002
MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 307200
MMS UA Prof URL:
Please use plain text.
bigbird

Thanks for all the help. Will I have to change them back every time I connect to the pc please? As I had already changed them yesterday and again today as they'd re reverted back to 'idata !'
Please use plain text.
awoodvine

Thanks for all the help. Will I have to change them back every time I connect to the pc please? As I had already changed them yesterday and again today as they'd re reverted back to 'idata !'

Not sure why they reverted back. I sync my iPhone with my Mac and the settings don't revert back.
Please use plain text.
awoodvine

Please use plain text.
awoodvine

I'm not sure why they reverted back. I sync my iPhone with my Mac and the settings don't revert back. Try syncing now and let us know how you get on.
Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 212
Kudos: 891
Solutions: 971

They do not change each time but do when there is a carrier update of new version of the iPhones software i.e 3.0.1 was the last with 4.4 for the carrier

Did you read this In my reply
2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
bigbird

Yes thanks I did read it and assumed as my phone was new yesterday all updates would have been done! But, I did get asked if I wanted to download a new carrier. So that is probably what happened then. Hope there aren't too many as it'll have to be changed often! I have synced the phone earlier and my husband is on our pc now so I'll try to do one soon. Hope you're all impressed that I've done these whole posts on my new toy! I'm not that technical! Cheers again.
Please use plain text.