cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else's 6 not working - constantly searching for signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my silver 6 64gb earlier, did my sim swap all good, it changed over as it should and was calling and sending texts, but now just saying searching where signal bar is?

Tried restarting, tried off then on both several times still searching tried new sim in my 5 works fine gets signal no problem so doesn't seem to be the sim but the phone??

Anyone else got this issue?
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know the Apple Stores had back up iphones in stores just incase a customers phone failed.

If O2 dont have one you could try an Apple Store if one is close by. Make an appointment here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/
Message 21 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine too 😞 doing exactly the same. I thought a live chat with a guru earlier had sorted the problem, but it hasn't. If there's lots of us having same problem, it can't be the phone. i think it's mast upgrades that O2 chose this weekend to do. Really thought that one through, eh??!!! Saying that, I will be popping into my local O2 shop tomorrow for a whinge!

Message 22 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't think it can be mast related, I've looked at the status of O2 and all is fine, plus I tried my sim back in my 5 and it works fine on that, plus my wife's iphone and my work iphone are both on O2 and signal is perfect, plus the fact if it had no signal because of mast issues surely it would say 'no service' not searching
Message 23 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

mine does say no service! slight_frown

Message 24 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable

and now,, a miracle has come to pass, phone working perfectly!!! Either O2 have fixed whatever the problem was or they can't cope with demand at mo and enough people have gone to bed to allow normal service to resume! I await tomorrow's service with bated breath lol

Message 25 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you sim swap? Maybe just that settling down or like you say a mast upgrade,

Sounds like a different issue to mine, have to see what O2 say this morning
Message 26 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 store gave me a new sim and surprisingly it didnt fix it, apparently I need to send it back then I can order a new one, more than likely at the back of a very long queue, fantastic!
Message 27 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Couldn't the store do that for you?
If you call CS they should be able to arrange a doorstep swap for you anyways.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 28 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
See if an Apple Store can help via a Genius Bar appointment if one is Close to you.
Message 29 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Apparently no the store couldn't which may I say is rubbish
Message 30 of 41