cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else's 6 not working - constantly searching for signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got my silver 6 64gb earlier, did my sim swap all good, it changed over as it should and was calling and sending texts, but now just saying searching where signal bar is?

Tried restarting, tried off then on both several times still searching tried new sim in my 5 works fine gets signal no problem so doesn't seem to be the sim but the phone??

Anyone else got this issue?
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

You may then as I directed have to take it back to the shop for them to take a look / replace.
Message 11 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Randomly working again now
Message 12 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
As we discussed last night mate - It clearly isn't right, so get it back to either O2 or Apple asap.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agreed! Stop working again now so obviously something isn't right, Apple suggested doing a restore so trying that now but otherwise it's back to O2 which in itself is rubbish as they won't have a replacement and I am not having a day old phone repaired!!!
Message 14 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their isn't any carrier update pending is there ?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1970
Message 15 of 41

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It will be replaced (pending stock availability) any suggestion of a repair should be rejected and O2 referred to their own T&C's http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/our-returns-and-repairs-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for pointing that i will remind them of that if they suggest repair, and no unfortunately not on the carrier update, restore didn't work either so appears to be faulty, it's weird if you turn it off for a length of time comes on ands works fine briefly then goes wrong

Of to O2 tomorrow, officially rubbish!
Message 17 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

What a damn shame. Waiting so long for this then to have it not working.... I really feel for you slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is rubbish, don't get wrong it's good that I got it on launch when others unfortunately didn't but now I fear that a replacement will obviously not be available and I will go to the end of a very long list of preorders to be satisfied and my new contract will have kicked in so will be paying loads will i wait for the phone, fantastic!
Message 19 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
It is rubbish, don't get wrong it's good that I got it on launch when others unfortunately didn't but now I fear that a replacement will obviously not be available and I will go to the end of a very long list of preorders to be satisfied and my new contract will have kicked in so will be paying loads will i wait for the phone, fantastic!

Exactly! As you are actually worse now...because you DID get it on launch day wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 41