cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on upgrade please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i recieved a call early last week from who i thought was O2 to discuss my upgrade which is due on the 30th, i went through everything to set up my upgrade including my payment details etc etc and was being offered the same deal which i had seen on the shop so really had no reason to be weary, however at the end when the lady was going through the legal stuff she mentioned car phone warehouse? does this now mean i have upgraded through them rather than through o2?

Please help!!

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, when trying to ring this company it still goes through to an answering machine, i have now blocked my debit card,

just out of interest what if this company now tries to send me the phone anyway? and then tries to get me to pay? where do i stand?

Thanks again.

Message 51 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Refuse delivery and it will be returned to sender.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great stuff thank you
Message 53 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just another quick update, managed to finally get through to the "company" and spoke to someone totally different, i have also asked to cancel the upgrade and they have said no problem,

I dont actually think this is a scam as there seem to be to many people employed here, and they gave the company name as "phone upgrades".

Message 54 of 58

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I also just received a cold call from someone claiming to be from O2 (I wasn't 100% sure because they don't normally cold call you) asking if I wanted to upgrade my handset and contract which expires this September.

Its a 2 year iPhone 5 contract and the caller said that if I wanted to upgrade there and then with him, they would even waiver the upgrade fee (where you pay off the remaining months of your contract to upgrade).

That sounded a little weird as I have never heard of O2 offering this before ? Astounded

I politely refused anyway as I am holding out for the iPhone 6 which will no doubt be released this September (and personally, I don't think there is a current handset which beats the iPhone 5 5S at the moment!), but I took the number which they called from

When I called it back, there was an actual recording from O2 saying that it was them who called so perhaps the call was genuine after all........

Message 55 of 58

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi DinoF,

I'm happy to ascertain the number's source for you if you would like me to, but it will have been a partner of the network or O2 directly. As an FYI, there is some info on partners in the below page

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/wheretobuy/partners/index

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 56 of 58

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Hi DinoF,

I'm happy to ascertain the number's source for you if you would like me to, but it will have been a partner of the network or O2 directly. As an FYI, there is some info on partners in the below page

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/wheretobuy/partners/index

.Hi Toby,

Yep - that would be great if you could - just so I know who, exactly, called me, in case they call again....!

Thanks.

Message 57 of 58

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Leave it with me Dino
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 58 of 58