cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on upgrade please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i recieved a call early last week from who i thought was O2 to discuss my upgrade which is due on the 30th, i went through everything to set up my upgrade including my payment details etc etc and was being offered the same deal which i had seen on the shop so really had no reason to be weary, however at the end when the lady was going through the legal stuff she mentioned car phone warehouse? does this now mean i have upgraded through them rather than through o2?

Please help!!

Message 1 of 58
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, I have one of my contracts through CPW and nothing is any different to the ones on O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
CPW are authorised O2 resellers and do adopt a cold call policy to upgrades. If you don't want to be with CPW you can cancel under the distance selling regulations and for the future, don't agree to anything from a cold call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont actually mind being with cpw but will i still be able to look at my bill via the o2 app etc?

Message 3 of 58

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes, I have one of my contracts through CPW and nothing is any different to the ones on O2.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur with MI5.

Upgrading through a cold call is not the best scenario.

Performing some homework on what is available ref Tariffs and hardware through O2 and the Independants is the best policy I advise.

Message 5 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great stuff thats all i needed to know, thanks for your help :).

Message 6 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been nice to talk.

Take care.

Message 7 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry one last thing, my upgrade isnt due until the 30th so if i ring this company up tomorrow (whoever it is) do i have a right to cancel the upgrade? they did say something about having to take the upfront charge out a few days in advance of the upgrade so not sure how this will work?

Thanks again

Message 8 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As MI5 said earlier you have the right to cancel under the D.S.R.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

Message 9 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great will ring first thing tomorrow and get it cancelled, just wish I knew who this company was!!
Message 10 of 58