O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner
John4000

Able to change over?

Hi guys!

I bought the Blackberry 9900 about 8 months ago and, well, lets just say I'm not that massively impressed with it so far.

A friend is selling his O2 iPhone4S and I was wondering if I were to buy it, would my Blackberry Sim be an easy transfer to the iPhone4S? I'm more than willing to buy the phone from him and just, leave my Blackberry or sell it.

Would O2 let me do the transfer sim and would the internet/calls/sms etc work on the iPhone4S? Also is it contractually viable, am I allowed to sell the Blackberry on as long as I keep the contract?

P.s. The contract is perfect, 500mb download etc, would any extra costs be incurred like an iPhone bolt on?

Please use plain text.
adamtemp64
Topics: 222
Kudos: 951
Solutions: 1,018

Re: Able to change over?

1 Get a micro sim from an o2 shop.

2 Use the swapmysim form to transfer number to micro sim in my iphone links in signature

3 only push out full size sim until you have the iphone.

4 Get iphone and push out micro sim activate iphone.

5 Ring o2 and swap data to iphone data from bb data

Job done should cost you nothing and no change in monthly fee.

You can do what you want with the bb after the swap

2 iPhone 5s 32gb on 4g 8gb tariff 1 iPhone 4s 16gb sim only on business contract
iPad 3 wifi-3g 64gb
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (still 2g only and it is 2014)
Please use plain text.
bobb

hi just checking whether this is still the case for blackberry users who are looking to swap to an iphone. I have 6 months left on my bb contract with 02 and am looking to buy an iphone and use that, so is it still possible to do the above? as i know bb contracts are a bit different although technically its the same 500 mins 500mb unlimited texts as some iphone contracts. (im on blackberry bonus 25) thanks for any help.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 190
Solutions: 1,955

Please use plain text.
bobb

just an update, you cant actually do this without encoring a charge it seems. called o2 today to do the above and because i am 2 days from my bill period i had to pay a few pounds charge. not to bothered about that what i am bothered about is having to pay an extra few pounds a month for actually less than what i wa getting already! went from 500 mins unlimited texts 500mb data to 300 mins unlimited texts 500mb data for £2 odd a month more. 02 customer services told me its because im on an older bb contract unlike the the user above. if anyone knows otherwise let me know so i can give it to 02. Ive been a customer for years and i'm not asking for any favours just clarity. ugh.
Please use plain text.
jonsie
Topics: 190
Solutions: 1,955

That is a problem which affects all legacy tariffs unfortunately. If I chang phone or tariff the same would apply to me as the tariffs are not transferrable and no longer available to new customers.

Please use plain text.