Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6s 'slide to upgrade' message?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't get my iPhone 6s to
Work. I download the back up - press continue and it flips to a
Screen which says 'slide to
Upgrade' but it's unresponsive and sits like that for hours. Finally got through to O2 chat - did what they suggested (soft reset - no joy, sync with iTunes - can't be done due to screen locked at can't unlock it) .. Anyone have the same issue? Thoughts on how to resolve?
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This slide to upgrade was a bug discovered in the last update.Have a loook at this information

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/18/how-to-fix-slide-to-upgrade-error-ios-9/

Apple have released a fix... however try this first

• Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer. Open iTunes.
  • Choose your device in the iTunes window. You may have to force restart (hold power and home button for several seconds) to reboot the iOS device. This should make it show up in iTunes as usual.
  • Restore from a backup made before iOS 9. If you haven’t got a recent backup, make a backup now and then restore from that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous This slide to upgrade was a bug discovered in the last update.Have a loook at this information

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/18/how-to-fix-slide-to-upgrade-error-ios-9/

Apple have released a fix... however try this first

• Connect your iPhone or iPad to a computer. Open iTunes.
  • Choose your device in the iTunes window. You may have to force restart (hold power and home button for several seconds) to reboot the iOS device. This should make it show up in iTunes as usual.
  • Restore from a backup made before iOS 9. If you haven’t got a recent backup, make a backup now and then restore from that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks cleoriff but I tried that solution (it's what the O2 chat guy suggested) - still no joy 😞
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you read the rest of the info in the link? Apparently this Slide to Upgrade freeze is a known issue if you read the Apple Forums.... it also says it takes multiple attempts to fix...:smileysad:

Another article saying the same..

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/news/2015/09/apple_issues_official_fix_for_ios_9_slide_to_upgrade_problem/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh - sorry - read the article after I commented back. Thanks for the link - really helpful. Following the steps in the sequence suggested - think that's where I went wrong before. Currently downloading most up to date iTunes (slowly lol). Thanks again 😊
Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

You are probably like me @Anonymous read something then need to read it again...then it starts to penetrate Bouncy I referred you back to it because every single report of this issue (which is common) gives that as the way to get it restored. Best of luck with it...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far so good - until I have to switch off find my phone 😞 go online on laptop, try and switch off the app ... No joy ... 'Problem loading application. Getting a tad frustrating 😡 Think I'm in for a trip to the apple shop 😞
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
woo hoo! refreshed screen, accessed app, turned off 'find my phone' ... miraculously got a phone call ( dodgy scammers lol) - but still, all good ... I have a working iPhone 6s, yass!
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
woo hoo! refreshed screen, accessed app, turned off 'find my phone' ... miraculously got a phone call ( dodgy scammers lol) - but still, all good ... I have a working iPhone 6s, yass!

Absolutely brilliant news. Now you can get on and enjoy the phone @AnonymousBouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi i had same problem on saturday and was told this is the first complaint about 6s ? Out of stick so new one ordered, i eventually sorted it myself by updating to newest version of ios all good now phone working as should x
Message 10 of 11