Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Bez89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Maybe a stupid question, but I picked up my iPhone 6 yesterday, and sim swapped to the new 4G sim. However I received a text saying if I'd like to use mobile internet, or picture messaging to call this number. I've been on the 4G set up page, but will not let me click on anything. So will 4G already be set up, or is there something else I need to do. When I turn wifi off it just has the 3G symbol, and I'm in a good 4G area. Any help would be most welcome.
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

@DinoF  you can get it in Warlingham too (even more rural), just not in Tandridge where my OH lives, not on any network slight_frown

...thats good to know! Never knew that 4G extended as far as Sanderstead and Warlingham too - only thought I would be able to receive it in built up areas like central Croydon and London central!

Message 21 of 27

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

.on a slightly different note, but still to do with 4G - I noticed the other day that my wife's iPhone 5 (not the 5S), has a 4G on/off toggle?? 

Thats weird because her iPhone 5 definately is NOT 4G compatible (only the 5S is I believe) - why is the 4G on/off toggle switch showing in her Settings app on her phone? Is this a bug of the iOS 8 software (the 4G toggle switch was NOT there in iOS7)?!

Message 22 of 27

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
The 5 is 4G compatible on EE and Three so if it's a sim free phone that might explain it?
Either that or the O2 carrier update is now the same across all i devices.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 27

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The 5 is 4G compatible on EE and Three so if it's a sim free phone that might explain it?
Either that or the O2 carrier update is now the same across all i devices.

.....its the iPhone 5 which I was using on my Pay Monthly O2 contract (which I got sent by O2).

When I received my iPhone 6, I passed my 5 to her to use on Pay & Go. She put in her sim, updated to iOS 8 (and now to 8.0.2) and thats when I noticed the 4G toggle was present?!  Didn;t look at the carrier settings on her phone but I guess, if they are indeed as the carrier settings on my iPhone 6, that would certainly explain it.

It is a little weird though, seeing the 4G switch, when the iPhone 5 cannot do 4G on the O2 network - perhaps O2 need to update the setting to get rid of the switch?!

Message 24 of 27

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
It's a strange one - I'll check on the 4s later to see if that has the 4g toggle too slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 25 of 27

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
It's a strange one - I'll check on the 4s later to see if that has the 4g toggle too slight_smile

Unlikely as it's not 4G on any network wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 26 of 27

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
My tongue was pressed very firmly into the side of my cheek mate wink

Currently using:
Message 27 of 27