cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G suddenly stopped working on iPhone 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 6.1 on a pay monthly contract. As of 3 days ago the 3G stopped working completely. It worked fine before this without issue then suddenly went dead. The 3G symbol displays at the top of the phone but otherwise nothing's working.

There was supposedly a mast problem 2 days ago, but I checked the service status for my area and it says there are no problems. I've also been to different areas and the 3G still hasn't worked.

I've never had this issue before and I'm not sure what to do - I don't really appreciate paying for data I can't use. Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anyone else you know on O2 having problems in your area? If not it's likely to be the handset or your settings at fault.

Check the APN settings. If you have the iphone data bolt on the APNs should be set to idata.o2.co.uk

If you have a standard data bolt on then the APNs should be set to mobile.o2.co.uk or wap.o2.co.uk

Reboot after changing any settings. If you still have a problem call customer service or contact your nearest Apple store.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

There is an iOS update for this problem but that is for the 4S. Presuming you have cleaned the simcard, have you tried a restore in itunes? Anyone else you know on O2 having problems?

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried resetting the phone by holding down the home button and power key until the apple logo shows?

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try put phone in aeroplane mode and then switch back. World for me when I can't get a 3G connection.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried all of the above in various combinations but unfortuantely nothing's worked.

Now it's telling me "Could not activate cellular data network" when I'm trying to use Safari in 3G.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you got mobile data enabled in settings ?
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could try resetting the network settings do you know how to do that? 

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anyone else you know on O2 having problems in your area? If not it's likely to be the handset or your settings at fault.

Check the APN settings. If you have the iphone data bolt on the APNs should be set to idata.o2.co.uk

If you have a standard data bolt on then the APNs should be set to mobile.o2.co.uk or wap.o2.co.uk

Reboot after changing any settings. If you still have a problem call customer service or contact your nearest Apple store.

Message 8 of 8