cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G and 4G not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got an iPhone 5S and my contract was eligible for upgrade on the 20th August.  I don't want a new handset yet, I want to wait until the new iPhone comes out - whenever it is - so I downgraded my £37-odd a month contract to a Simplicity Tariff on a rolling 30 day contract so I'm paying a minimum amount in the meantime.

I've had emails and texts on Thursday to confirm that my tariff change has gone ahead, but when I was out this morning, I noticed that although the O2-UK logo is showing and there are 5 white dots, it says 3G instead of 4G and, more to the point, it doesn't work ... when I try to connect to something it says there is no network connectivity.

It'd gotta be something to do with the tariff change, what can I do?

Been trying to get on live chat this morning but it just says "We're just checking to see if there's an available agent" and nothing happens.

Be grateful for any assistance.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Why such difference in the levels of training between operators?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Why such difference in the levels of training between operators?

That's the whole point,  there shouldn't be!

Message 12 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess some just can't be bothered, but the can't be bothered seem to outnumber the ones who can.
It must be endemic.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I guess some just can't be bothered, but the can't be bothered seem to outnumber the ones who can.
It must be endemic.

Apathy combined with job insecurity due to the imminent Three buy-out. 

Message 14 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Difference in operators is down to those who want to learn ...versus others who couldn't give a flying fig and just want a pay packet at the end of the week. Happens in many jobs sadly...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 17

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It does, but in most places they get flushed out....

Currently using:
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 is so different now to when I worked there, you would never get away with the things  they say and do now.

Message 17 of 17