Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z1 compact update

didd1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning folks just wondered if anyone at 02 could tell me if 02 plan to roll out the new z1 compact update that sony rolled out this week update  14.4.A.0.108 kit kat 4.4.4.

many thanks 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Although with Sony recently, networked handsets seem to get updates around a week or two before uk generic.
The rollout so far seems to be following the trend of recent Sony releases in that it's spreading outward from mainland Europe. I'd expect to see some activity on UK customisations by the end of the week (though it could be as soon as Monday lol)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Chris_K is your man slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @didd1 

Unfortunately o2 do not provide pre warning of a firmware update and as such one of the social media team post to advise if its been released to o2 customers after they have made sure it does not clash with their network etc. 

Occasionally a firmware is not released for various reasons. This is why some opt to buy sim free so its available away from the network. 

Hope you get it soon.  

Message 3 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Although with Sony recently, networked handsets seem to get updates around a week or two before uk generic.
The rollout so far seems to be following the trend of recent Sony releases in that it's spreading outward from mainland Europe. I'd expect to see some activity on UK customisations by the end of the week (though it could be as soon as Monday lol)
Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've noticed the same thing with Sony....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump. Can any vague guesses be brought as to when the Xperia Z1 Compact will get this on O2?

As of right now, officially I'm still being told 14.3.A.0.757 is the latest and the days of flashing myself, I just can't be bothered with anymore

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Bump. Can any vague guesses be brought as to when the Xperia Z1 Compact will get this on O2?

Not by any of us customers.... Only person is @Chris_K and he will update when he knows something.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

The KitKat 4.4.4 update is available for the Xperia Z1...I would assume that it should be available for the compact. I used the Sony Update Service rather than the PC Companion and downloaded fine. Only thing, the Xperia browser has disappeared..! 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've only got chrome too. Sony must have removed the stock browser.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15