cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xperia z poor battery life since kitkat 4.4.2

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since updating my xperia z to kitkat 4.4.2 the battery life has dropped dramatically. I'm not using my phone anymore than usual but it's nearly flat by the end of the afternoon. Is this just the fact that the update is more power hungry or could there be another problem lurking?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news.

A reset can have this positive effect.

slight_smile
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
My fiancé's Xperia Z was experiencing the same issue after getting 4.4.2 - Google Play Services was destroying the battery. We restarted it and that has helped markedly but it's still some way short of its performance before the KitKat update.

Conversely, my (admittedly less than a week old) Nexus 5 is giving me untold battery life; lasting well over 38 hours on its last charge with moderate use. I had read about lots of people slating the battery of Google's flagship but I'm finding it to be quite awesome at the moment. Only time will tell if it can keep it up.

Anyway we shall perhaps try a hard reset on the Z and see how it goes. Let's just wait and see what new issues 4.4.3 brings with it...
Message 12 of 13

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I know this is an older thread but I found uninstalling the updates to Google apps (EG. Google +, books, Gmail etc) then restarting the phone so the apps then update again after restarting has helped hugely. Battery lasting much longer and Google services no longer monopolising battery usage (so far!). Useful thread slight_smile
Message 13 of 13