cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi connection

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to wifi, even my home wifi, & staying connected. The message I get is that it's too slow. This didn't use to be the case.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi what phone are you using? You could try forgetting the connection and setting it up again and also restarting your router
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try turning the phone off and pull the battery if possible then back on to re boot it.
Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There is a bug in Samsung 4.3 firmware which displays a warning that wifi is unstable, but it rarely is, so if that's your issue, just ignore it.
Otherwise, how many wifi connections give you problems?
What phone and firmware level?
Are you connecting to the main router or an auxilary (wifi extender) etc.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the Community

The advice on 4.3 and the message your Internet connection is unstable is correct.

The message also appears in 4.4.2 kitkat on Samsung at least. However it is less frequent and more reliable an indicator in kitkat.

Are you actually losing connection or is your handset implying you might be?
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the unstable connection notice on my note 3 most annoying wish I could stop it
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

After the initial update I got the notice absolutely everywhere I connected to wifi. Since thay issued a further update to the S3 and Note2 I haven't seen the notification once. I have to say though that I'm on Thai versions and the updates were done over there.

Message 7 of 7