cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade. customer service???????

Anonymous
Not applicable

waited 45 mins for chat window to start as 'agents busy'....after all of 5 mins active they went quiet....without resolving my issue.....then after another 15 mins message said their internet down????? upgraded phone contract ended. got new phone & sim today. phone works fine except no network service etc. never said any info about having to activate it. also now looks like old a/c set up for another 2 years??? has the old number been kept for new phone?? if yes/no....anyone know what i do now. i have a teen with autism getting very impatient to use new phone while i'm gonna lose my sh*t if i dont get to sort it & go back to my Madame Secretary recording...........................................

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Do a sim swap here and it will transfer your number to the new sim card http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Do a sim swap here and it will transfer your number to the new sim card http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 31

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You could do as @MI5 says ....or if easier pop into an O2 store tomorrow and let them do it for you. Your choice really...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Go instore & do it, much quicker
Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your quick reply....not a swearer really honest.................though i do tell fibs.
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
ta for reply followed the link & got my old lady brain working.....think it actually may have worked. up to 24hrs to swop.....
Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
ta for reply followed the link & got my old lady brain working.....think it actually may have worked. up to 24hrs to swop.....

That is the maximum time but it's usually just an hour or two.

Once the old sim switches off, just turn the new phone off and on until it gets a signal, then you're all set.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
all done. swopped super fast clearly i'm very down with the whole techno stuff after all................ps i never say down with really.....well unless its to make my eldest son cringe.....like whatverrrrrrr like i give a flying.....
Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Great job, innit wink

Currently using:
Message 9 of 31

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6964 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
all done. swopped super fast clearly i'm very down with the whole techno stuff after all................ps i never say down with really.....well unless its to make my eldest son cringe.....like whatverrrrrrr like i give a flying.....

You sure sound like a fun lady....LOL

Message 10 of 31