cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to use apps when on wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since the marsh mallow upgrade on my S6,everytime i connect to the internet and try and use facebook app,keeps saying no internet connection,wasnt like this before the upgrade to marsh mallow,so im constantly having to use the app on my data allowance even at home or at work,which is eating into my monthly data allowance big time,no other app appears to be affected,i have unistalled and reinstalled the app,factory reset my phone several times and this makes absolutely no difference,is there anyone on here that can shed some light on this or know of a solution to fix it please.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Do you have a problem accessing Facebook if you go through your browser?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
no other apps seem to be affected by it,which is why I think its the phone or phone settings??
Message 12 of 21

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Just a thought, if you access Facebook from a browser rather than the app, does the problem continue?

Edited as @Bambino asked that above. Must've been typing the same thought at the same time Hero

Message 13 of 21

Bambino
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If no other apps are affected, and all are working, then it's the app, not the phone or the Marshmallow update.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 14 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Go into Facebook in application manager and tap on permissions.
I'm not aware of a wifi setting but it's worth checking.
As you are getting an intermittent connection on wifi but OK on data I would lean towards it being an issue with the wifi itself rather than the phone though, however, FB is known for being very buggy so wouldn't surprise me to be an issue with the app either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 21

Bambino
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

You could also try clearing the the cache of the individual app:

https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-clear-the-cache-on-the-galaxy-s6

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try deleting the app. Reboot the phone, reset network settings then reinstall the app
Message 17 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have done all of above,but its gone intermittent again,so currently clueless has to what to do next,thanks for the replies,may just delete the app of my phone completely.
Message 18 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You won't miss it - I haven't.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 21

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you get to the bottom of your Facebook wifi issue in the end? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 21