cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive texts from 1 contact

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can send and receive text messages and make/recieve calls from all contacts apart from 1 contact (the one I text the most) 

I can make/recieve calls to/from her and I can send texts to her no problems, she always gets them straight away, most of time I can receive text from her but a couple times a day I'll stop receiving her texts, they show as sent on her phone but I wont get them, then after couple hours they will all come through at exact same time and then i'll be able to receive them as normal for awhile until it happens again 

now it's not because I lose signal and they come through once I get it back, because i can send texts during this time and i can recieve them from all other contacts, its also not her phone as she can send and receive to all her other contacts during these times

its also not my new phone (sony xperia z3 compact) as it also happened on my old phone (sony xperia z1), she also as same phone as me and is also on O2

turning phone on and off don't work, neither does turning airplane mode on and off, I've also installed a new sms/call app and made it the default app instead of the messages app, still don't solve the issue

the freeze in receiving texts from this 1 contact also happens in any location 

so whats causing it and how do I fix it? its extremely annoying 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Check your blocked number list in both the text app and phone app.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
her number is'nt blocked, I can always send her texts and normally I can also receive texts, but sometimes I'll stop receiving her texts but she will still get mine, like if we are having a convo midway she still be getting mine and replying to them but I won't get the replys until hours later
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

You may be having recent network problems...have a look here http://status.o2.co.uk/

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

If all seems ok...you may need a new sim....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a similar thing with one of my contacts who would have to ring me 5 or 6 times before a call would connect - everyone else was fine - I just put it down to some weird network issue tied to his or my location and it resolved itself after a few weeks.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Probably just a glitch then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I've never had the problem of delayed texts from just one contact unless it's a network problem in their area. I would try deleting each others contact details and re entering them in the phone contacts.

Message 7 of 7