cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer your existing mobile phone number from one mobile phone network provider to another

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to keep my existing mobile phone number and filled in O2 form on line...Few days passed and still couldn't keep it

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. There will indeed be 3 letters at the beginning of the PAC code. For Three, I believe it's HUT. You may want to contact Three again to confirm the full PAC code though. After that I would take the good advice of @Bambino and @jonsie and contact O2 directly on 202.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous What form did you fill in? You need to call customer service and ask for your PAC. This will be sent to you by text. You can then give the PAC to your new network provider to port your number. This will also cancel your O2 contract or Pay & Go tariff.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/highlight/true#M56526

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reply. When you say to give PAC number to a new provider do I need to ring them as well or I can do it on line?

Message 3 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you want to keep your existing number and change to O2 I would call customer service if the online form didn't work.

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous Are you coming to O2 or do you want to leave? If you are coming to O2, you would need to get your PAC from your current provider and give it to O2. If you are leaving, as @jonsie has suggested, calling is the quickest and most sure way to do it. When I asked O2 for a PAC several years ago, they had sent me the text while I was still on the call with them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Can you explain exactly what you want to do?
Is it move to O2 or from O2 and to or from which other network?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is moving fro THree to O2. I have already got PAC from existing network Three and filled the O2 form on line. Also I contacted O2 customer Service. They telling me the PAC should consist the letters. But I was given numbers only

Message 7 of 16

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous. There will indeed be 3 letters at the beginning of the PAC code. For Three, I believe it's HUT. You may want to contact Three again to confirm the full PAC code though. After that I would take the good advice of @Bambino and @jonsie and contact O2 directly on 202.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Sounds like Three has given you a PUK instead of a PAC.
Call them back and explain you want a PAC to transfer your number away from Three.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help to all. Yes it looks like they given me different code

Message 10 of 16