cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with one particular contact number when I try to send a text message it fails. I haven't blocked the number or anything like that and the receiver has checked their phone and there is no blocks, etc on my number. They can text me and my phone receives the message no problem. The irony is we're both O2 customers. Anyone experienced this before or suggest how I can resolve this? Thanks   

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

You could try uninstalling the number then adding it again. If you are sure neither number has been blocked?

Or it could be a new sim is needed.....?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 17

MI5
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
What phone is it that you are having trouble texting to ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has this just started ?

Can you ring the number without issue ?

When re adding the contact details into your contacts try adding it slightly different ref the contact name.

Some phones have two avenues of blocking in its settings.

Blocking calls.
Blocking text messages.

You may need to check both settings if applicable.

Speak to o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to ensure no block is on your account.

On occasion a sim swap has resolved such issues.

Any O2 high street store can do this for you. If your on a contract take some photo ID with you.
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Re the above. It would be interesting to know if O2 still actually require you to take photo ID for a sim swap when on contract?

The reason I ask is because I went to my local store for a sim swap yesterday. I was never asked for any type of photo ID. I was asked for my name, address  and the password I use when contacting O2.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
They asked me for id when I did a simswap, I think the general rule of thumb is that it depends how dodgy you look.
Message 6 of 17

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

They asked me for Id but they accepted a debit card as Id with just my first initial and surname.

Message 7 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
They asked me for id when I did a simswap, I think the general rule of thumb is that it depends how dodgy you look.

LOL I think the rule of thumb is...there is no rule of thumb. They just please themselves...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried uninstalling the number then adding again but it didn't work.
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone. One of the older models.
Message 10 of 17