Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spent some credit dont know how!

joules
Level 4: Observant
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi sorry back again, something came up to say I had used a £1.00 off my  balance! I don't know what that was about!  could I have inadvertenly clicked on something to buy, an app maybe! do not really understand all this stuff! any help with this one!  many thanks

Message 1 of 52
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Switch off mobile data on your phone that will stop it using any data apart from wifi

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds like Web Daily to me.

£1 for 50mb of data usage.

This kicks in when you've used up your normal data allowance.

To stop this turn off mobile data in the phones settings and use wifi until your allowances refresh or add a bolt on via Myo2

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...
Message 2 of 52

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Its because your data is on and you don't have any data allowance. It's called web daily. If you want to use data it is cheaper to change your tariff or else you will get charged £1 every day.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Link to alternative Payg Tariffs to look at http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

You can do this change in your Myo2 or Call free on 2202 and do it automatically over the phone. Just press option 1 then 3 and follow the instructions.
Message 4 of 52

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm lost how do I turn this off?  I only want to use it with wifi! 

Message 5 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
Switch off mobile data on your phone that will stop it using any data apart from wifi
Message 6 of 52

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Go to settings and turn mobile data off and WiFi on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can limit your data usage by turning off mobile data. You'll then not be able to access the internet using the mobile network. You can still use Wi-Fi even though mobile data is turned off.

1. Find "mobile network"
Slide your finger left on the display.
Press Settings.
Press mobile network.
2. Turn mobile data on or off
Press the field below "Data connection".
Press on or off.
3. Return to the home screen
Press the Home key to return to the home screen.

slight_smile
Message 8 of 52

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just to add, you should always use the back key to exit out of apps. Using the home key will leave apps running and consume battery.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 52

joules
  • 140 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi have done tha but underneath the data connection where i clicked off it says mobile data may be used in the background and may incur charges!  what is this?

Message 10 of 52