cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony z2 facebook video error when 3/4g

Anonymous
Not applicable
ever since i updated my phone to the latest o2 firmware facebook has stopped playing back Embedded videos when i am not on wifi. i am not talking about the option where you can stop it from automatically running a video. i am talking about an error message coming out on the screen when you hit play. It says something like "sorry an unexpected error occurred". i have literally tried everything to sort this out. i have reinstalled i have cleared cache i have stopped sony exclusive features. other people with my phone but on other networks or with the phone jailbroken do not have this problem it seems to be between the facebook app and the o2 version of the 4.4.2 firmware. now if it is not o2s problem can somebody tell me who i have to scream At?
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Which lock are you referring to @Anonymous ?
Message 21 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
the bootloader is locked.
Message 22 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
at the moment I am downloading android developer tools and all sorts via a route taken from Sonys site. Find it hard to believe I have to do this much to simply update firmware. So think I missed something simple.
Message 23 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions
No, bootloader doesn't need unlocking - I'm just not sure about network lock.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27625 Solutions
You just need flashtool and the firmware. Nothing else required to update to 4.4.4
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
so the sony emma tool is not the one to use?
Message 26 of 54

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It doesn't need to be unlocked for official firmwares. Only custom roms need bootloader unlock.
Your best course of action is to install flashtool on your pc and follow instructions to flash the firmware from the from the link posted by @MI5 earlier.
Message 27 of 54

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Network (sim lock) doesn't need to be unlocked either. That's a deep rooted part of the software that firmwares don't rely on.
Message 28 of 54

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Emma or seus won't flash a debrand rom, only flashtool.
Message 29 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
MI5 posted two links though one for sonys flash tool and another that required downloading from a file sharing source. I went for the sony emma one. If not that one why share it?
Message 30 of 54