cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sony z2 facebook video error when 3/4g

Anonymous
Not applicable
ever since i updated my phone to the latest o2 firmware facebook has stopped playing back Embedded videos when i am not on wifi. i am not talking about the option where you can stop it from automatically running a video. i am talking about an error message coming out on the screen when you hit play. It says something like "sorry an unexpected error occurred". i have literally tried everything to sort this out. i have reinstalled i have cleared cache i have stopped sony exclusive features. other people with my phone but on other networks or with the phone jailbroken do not have this problem it seems to be between the facebook app and the o2 version of the 4.4.2 firmware. now if it is not o2s problem can somebody tell me who i have to scream At?
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53

Anonymous
Not applicable
what is the point of having a smartphone if you cannot use facebook properly when you are out and about i have wifi at home i also have a computer at home with a much bigger screen for watching videos
Message 2 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You can scream all you like. slight_smile

Have you spoken to Sony about this.

A similar thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Facebook-videos-a-error-message/m-p/69...
Message 3 of 54

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We all had that problem on 4.4.2 with facebook.
It was fixed with the 4.4.4 update from Sony.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the latest firmare from o2 4.4.2. Are you suggesting i use the official sony update?
Message 5 of 54

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unbranded phones are on 4.4.4 now. You can use flashtool to install that on yours or wait for o2 to push the update.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
grapes what is the name of the flash tool and will it effect how my phone connects to my o2 account?
Message 7 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol grapes. Great i mean!
Message 8 of 54

MI5
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
lol, it won't effect anything - It will just put you on unbranded firmware which is invariably newer that the networks version.
http://www.flashtool.net/index.php
http://developer.sonymobile.com/services/flash-tool/
Have a read slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 54

Anonymous
Not applicable
Excellent. Any other perks with unbranding? Better battery?etc
Message 10 of 54